|Nominations open for Future 5 Awards|
| We're thrilled to share that nominations are officially open for YLink's 2nd Annual Future 5 Young Professional Awards.
Future 5 honors five young professionals who live and/or work in the Kenosha area who are influencing the quality of life in our community through professional accomplishments, community involvement and moxie.
Join us in recognizing the phenomenal talent in our community by nominating a young professional (age 21-40).
Nomination deadline is July 31, 2015.
|Why it's a great time to be a part of YLink|
The momentum at which YLink has grown as an organization in the past three years has been nothing short of impressive - thanks in large part to great support from our corporate and individual investors, as well as talent like you who want to stay connected to the great opportunities our community has to offer. We're thankful to partner with more than 100 corporate and individual members. See if you're company is a YLink investor here.
So what does that mean for you?
- Access to connect with hundreds of young professionals just like you (that means transplants, boomerangers, and locals) who are eager to celebrate what this county has to offer;
- Professional development programming specific to the unique needs of YPs
- Social and cultural opportunities crafted for young professionals BY young professionals who have their pulse on what's relevant, interesting and fun
We look forward to seeing you at one of our fabulous summer events (see the events calendar to the right!). Stay connected with us through social media and be sure to let us know how YLink can connect you to Kenosha.
Name: Erin Merritt
Occupation: Owner/Pharmacist, Modern Apothecary
Why did you select downtown Kenosha for your new business, Modern Apothecary?
A few reasons, first there was a need for a pharmacy downtown. With more and more people living and working downtown, a pharmacy in the area is a huge convenience. I also wanted the pharmacy to be unique and have a vintage appeal. I felt that the best place to accomplish that would be an area with character and a diverse mix of people.
Read more about Erin on the Ylink blog.
|First Impressions Project for YPs|
YLink, in partnership with UW-Extension, is piloting a First Impressions Project for young professionals to share and receive input on the elements that make communities appealing to young talent.
This summer, we're coordinating exchanged visits between YLink and Sheyboyan County's Coastal Connections Young Professional Network - and we want you to join us.
We're looking for individuals to participate in a one-day trip to Sheboygan to discover and assess how this community appeals to YPs.
You'll receive a special orientation and plan of action for your one-day trip - and the chance to tour a new community.
What's in it for you?
- Get involved in a real world city exchange experience.
- Learn what other Wisconsin communities are doing to attract and you retain young professionals
- Contribute your time and perspectives so Kenosha can improve its appeal to young professionals like you
- Take a day trip to Sheboygan, cost of mileage and lunch are on us!
- Engage as a tourist with a small group of like minded YPs from K-town
Tuesday, July 23
5:30 p.m. Volunteer Orientation @ KABA Training Center
Saturday, August 1
7:00 a.m. Depart from The Brat Stop, travel to Sheboygan
4:00 p.m. Depart from Sheboygan, return home by 6 p.m.
**Free for volunteers. Mileage reimbursement and lunch included.
Check your calendar and register here. We will follow up by email to fill you in on next steps.
Find more info or register.
|Mentors needed for Wingman Mentor Program this fall|
|We're recruiting young professionals interested in mentoring talented college students in our community on factors for being successful beyond college. |
The YLink Wingman Mentor Program pairs young professionals with local college sophomores or juniors interested in learning how to transition to the world of work - and learn more about the great opportunities available in Kenosha.
Timeline is as follows:
Training and ongoing monthly support is provided to all volunteer mentors to help them build the relationship.
- September: Mentor application deadline and orientation
- October: Mentors matched with college student & First Meeting
- November - April: Mentors & mentees meet once per month
Help us grow and keep our pipeline of local, emerging talent! Recruiting now. Email the Professional Development Committee for an application at email@example.com