Most of us have been told to drink cranberry when we have experience that painful burning sensation or cramping due to a urinary tract infection, but you may be surprised to learn that cranberry juice can actually make a bladder infection worse. "Why?" you may ask. The answer is pH:
an alkaline bladder tends to breed bacteria (E. coli), in which case, an acidifying remedy is in order -AND- an acid bladder most frequently is a sign of fungus (candida, yeast), in which case, an alkalizing remedy is necessary.
So, what is a person to do when he or she is in excruciating pain and in need of instant relief?
1) Test your urine pH (Contact me
to purchase a kit for only $10-- be sure to type pH KIT in the subject line)
2) If urine pH is ACID, then drink a glass of water with the juice of one LEMON. Other quick alkalizers include:
- One glass of water with 1 tsp. of baking soda
- The juice from a can of black olives
- A bath with 2 c. of epsom salts & 1/2 c. baking soda
- Coral calcium
3) If urine pH is ALKALINE, then drink a glass of CRANBERRY juice. Other quick acidifiers include:
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Sulfur (MSM, glucosamine sulfate, garlic)