PHEN's Ninth Annual African American Prostate Cancer Disparity Summit will be hosted on Thursday and Friday, September 19th and 20th in Washington D.C.
The Summit will feature six informative sessions addressing the largest racial disparity for any type of cancer. Expert speakers and presenters, members of congress, survivors and community leaders will make this an exciting summit. This is an overview description of the summit sessions listed below.
- Evaluating Early Detection Testing (Screening) Guidelines
- New Developments and Evolving Trends
- PHEN Community Education and Awareness Outreach
- Active Surveillance - To Treat or Not to Treat Prostate Cancer
- New Diagnostics Tests for Informed Treatment Decisions
- Clinical Trials Equity
The summit is free and open to the public. Online registration is open - click the summit logo below:
Thursday, September 19th
*8:30 am to 1 pm
Russell Senate Building
Kennedy Caucus Room
*2 pm to 4 pm
Washington Convention Center
Note: A session of the "Congressional Black Caucus Annual Legislative Conference"
*5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Friday, September 20th
*8:30 am to 12 noon
Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
1201 Maryland Avenue, SW