Techbridge Role Models Matter
The PA STEM Girls Collaborative Project is awarding Techbridge Role Models Matter Mini-Grants. These mini-grants are awarded to girl-serving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) focused programs to support collaboration, address gaps and overlaps in service, and share exemplary practices. Mini-grant applicants must have participated in a Techbridge Role Models Matter Training. Once inside the application, select the checkbox marked Techbridge.
In addition to the requirement of attendance at a Techbridge Role Models Matter Training, these mini-grant projects must include a role model event that meets the following criteria:
Mini-grant projects must include exemplary practices in informal learning, evaluation and assessment, or provide support for serving underrepresented girls in STEM. As explained on the National Girls Collaborative Project website, other major requirements for this round of mini-grant funding include: collaboration with another program, innovation and an event that lasts more than a single day.
- Programs and role models participating in the project must use the Techbridge Role Models Matter training materials. This can be achieved through in-person or online training attendance, or accessing the Role Models Matter training materials from Techbridge or the local Collaborative.
- Mini-grant project must integrate strategies and practices from the Techbridge Role Models Matter training into their project design.
- Mini-grant applications must include in their project design at least one of the following:
- Implementing a Techbridge Role Models Matter training for role models
- Attending a Techbridge Role Models Matter train-the-trainer workshop for program leaders
- Role models participating in a classroom visit, field trip, virtual speaker event, or other youth-serving event.
Mini-grants are a small amount of seed funding and are not intended to fully fund entire projects. The maximum mini-grant award is $1,000.
Open Date: 10/21/2013
Close Date: 11/21/2013
Decision Date: 12/09/2013For more information, please visit the PA STEM Girls Collaborative website.