This course is for law enforcement officers (sworn and non-sworn) interested in developing the critical skills necessary to conduct successful investigations of crimes involving sexual violence.
Attendees will gain insight into the complicated area of sex crimes by examining victim/witness interviews, survey studies, and other statistical data. Additionally, there will be a discussion on emerging trends and theories. Ultimately, this course will equip the law enforcement professional with the tools and strategies necessary to build solid cases against sexual predators.
Particular attention will be given in the areas of:
Understanding the Critical Phases of a Sex Crime Investigation
· Common Investigative Errors
· First Actions on the Scene
· Collection and Documentation of Sensitive Evidence
· Witness and Suspect Interviews
The Communication Skills of an Investigator
· What a Good Interviewer Asks
· "Specific" Questions to Ask
· Interview Themes & Tactics
· Avoiding Suppression Issues
Understanding Sex Crime Dynamics
· Psychology of a Sex Offender
· Patterns of Behavior
Special Problems for Sex Crime Investigators
· Family Dynamics & Dysfunction
· Juvenile Law
· Victim Behavior
Mark Booher is a Deputy District Attorney prosecuting criminals for the 4th Judicial District in Washington County, Arkansas. He has conducted numerous jury trials in cases ranging from murder and bank robbery, to sex assault and other crimes. Mark is a Certified Law Enforcement Instructor and holds a Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law. Mr. Booher is the creator of Bulletproof Sex Assault Investigations©, a course designed to become the #1 resource for law enforcement officers tasked with the complicated and difficult job of investigating sex assault crimes.
All members of the criminal justice and legal community. Training is especially valuable for investigators.
Arkansas State Crime Laboratory
# 3 Natural Resources Drive
Little Rock, AR 72215
DATES & TIMES:
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Class starts at 8:00 AM Sharp (Local Time)
Business casual attire
$195.00 per person
Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
Please note that you MUST register ONLINE -Training Force USA does not take registrations via phone, email, fax, or mail
· Check made payable to:
TRAINING FORCE USA
400 Capital Circle SE
Tallahassee, FL 32301
· Purchase Order
· Credit Card payment made online at
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
· Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment.
· Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
· Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
Claude A. Pichard, Training Force USA