A Request to ALL Members from Chip Britt
Dear Friend and Member,
The Academy for Lifelong Learning is a cooperative venture that relies on its members to set future directions by suggesting preferred areas for future offerings and volunteering to lead courses. Over the past several years our membership and course offerings have been growing steadily. In order to build on our success we have decided that this year we will formally go to our members to solicit course preferences and recruit new course leaders. Please help us by returning the attached questionnaire and consider attending a workshop on future directions on May 8.
ALL also depends on members who are willing to lead courses on subjects related to their expertise, interests, hobbies or travel. The courses are presented in a broad variety of formats including single and multi sessions at a variety of venues in St Michaels and Easton and travel to various sites (e.g. Poplar Island, Smithsonian Museums, Easton Airport, and many others). The course leaders set the style and content of the course, which can include lectures, video presentations, and round table discussions. Subjects include literature, history, science, finance, "how to", travelogues and more.
Courses are generally very informal with lots of discussion, which can be both fun and satisfying for the course leader. Often course leaders return with follow-up classes. It is not unusual for a potential leader to think that their subject is too specialized or esoteric, however our experience is that our members have very broad eclectic interests. Our workshop in May will be an opportunity to discuss possible ideas for new course offerings and to learn from veteran course leaders what is involved in giving an ALL course. If you have an idea but are not sure how to put it together we can provide a mentor to advise on getting started.
Please copy, print and fill out the following questionnaire and mail to:
Academy for Lifelong Learning, c/o Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, PO Box 636, St Michaels, MD 21663 or copy, paste, and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have difficulty, please contact us at email@example.com.
Questionnaire on ALL Course Directions
I. Course Preferences
1) What subjects or activities most appeal to you? Check all that apply. ___ History, ___Literature, ___Science, ___Finance, ___Current Affairs, ___"How To", ___Travel, ___Day Trips
2) Are there specific areas that you would like to see represented? __________________________________________________
3) Do you prefer ___presentations to groups of 20 to 30 or
___ more interactive small groups of less than 15?
4) Would you be willing to attend a workshop on May 8 to discuss in more detail possible new course offerings? ______
II. Course Leaders
1) Would you like to learn more about offering a course on your interests or specialty? ______________
2) Would the availability of a mentor be helpful to you in presenting your first course? _____________
3) Would you be able to attend a workshop on May 8 to learn more about course contents, styles, and formats and to explore possibilities for offering a course? _________
Name _____________________ email_______________________________
Please copy, print and fill out this following questionnaire and mail to:
Academy for Lifelong Learning, c/o Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, PO Box 636, St Michaels, MD 21663 or copy, paste, and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have difficulty, please contact us at email@example.com.