Possiblity of us being able to host two shows in one day!!
from the December AKC Board Meeting Minutes
Alan Slay and Bri Tesarz, AKC Staff, participated in this portion of the meeting via telephone
Multiple All-Breed or Limited-Breed Shows in One Day
The Board reviewed a recommendation for a pilot program which will allow clubs with relatively
small entries to hold two shows in one day. There was a motion by, Ms. Cruz, seconded by Mr.
Powers, and it was VOTED (affirmative: Mr. Gladstone, Dr. Newman, Mr. Amen, Mr. Kalter, Mr.
Powers; Mr. Feeney, Mr. Arnold, Dr. Battaglia, Ms. Cruz, Mr. Wooding, Ms. Scully, Mr. Ashby;
opposed: Dr. Garvin) to approve the implementation of the following pilot program which allows
multiple All-Breed or Group shows in one day.
The shows may be held by the same club or multiple clubs. The number of
point shows for an individual breed is limited to two per day. Club(s) may hold
two all-breed shows in one day, two group shows of the same group in one
day, or a combination of all-breed and group shows. Consecutive days of
multiple shows in one day are allowed. After one year of implementation, the
success of the pilot program will be assessed and a report will be presented to
the Board with a recommendation for future shows.
The following limitations be placed on this pilot program:
* Available for shows held after May 1, 2014.
* Clubs that had a show of 500 entries or less the previous year are
eligible for the pilot program. Appeals for exceptions will be reviewed
on an individual basis.
* All-breed shows must offer group and best in show competition.
Group shows must offer group competition.
The use of multiple group rings at all-breed shows is encouraged.
* No concurrent or evening specialties may be held in conjunction with
* Junior Showmanship competition is allowed.
* Obedience and Rally competitions are allowed, and encouraged, but
must have their own ring(s) for competition.
* Ownership of the corresponding date must be agreed upon in writing
and submitted to AKC prior to event approval if two clubs are holding
the same type of events on the same date & site.
* Clubs that participate in the pilot program will have the right to return
to their original (corresponding) date(s) the following year. Failure to
return to their original date the following year will result in forfeiture of
ownership of the date. Other clubs may use the dates that are
available due to participation in the pilot program, on a one-time