Canadian Simmental Association Enewsletter
CSA OFFICE HOLIDAY SCHEDULE
Office Holiday Schedule
The CSA office will be closed for the following 2016 holidays.
Good Friday - Friday, March 25th
Victoria Day - Monday, May 23rd
Canada Day - Friday, July 1st
Civic Holiday - Monday, August 1st
Labour Day - Monday, September 5th
Thanksgiving - Monday, October 10th
Remembrance Day - Friday, November 11th
Christmas (in lieu) - Monday, December 26th
New Year's Day (in lieu) - Monday, January 2, 2017
YOUNG CANADIAN SIMMENTAL ASSOCIATION PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Canadian Simmental Association (CSA) is seeking an energetic and motivated individual who is interested in working with youth in the position of YCSA Coordinator.
- Administer and grow the YCSA program including current National and Provincial Classic events
- Develop and adhere to annual YCSA program budgets in cooperation with the National YCSA board and the CSA General Manager
- Provide guidance and leadership to National and Provincial boards of directors of the YCSA
- Work with the YCSA National Board to develop new and expanded YCSA programming
Abilities & Experience:
- Proven ability to work with and motivate youth within the agriculture industry
- Proven experience in management and leadership roles, including strong practical familiarity with board governance
- Program administration skills including financial management, budget preparation and reporting
- Strong working knowledge of computer programs, social media tools and applications
- Strong ability to lead organizational development and change within a team atmosphere
Along with your resume please include
- Description of past experience in youth programming
- Explanation of abilities and resources available to meet the responsibilities
- Salary expectations
This contracted position will require travel in July and August and an estimated commitment of .25 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) for a one year term with a targeted start date of May 1st, 2016.
Please submit all proposals by email before March 30th, 2016 to Bruce Holmquist, CSA General Manager, at [email protected].
All applications will remain confidential and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SIMMENTAL COUNTRY SALES REPRESENTATIVE JOB POSTING
The Canadian Simmental Association (CSA) is seeking a highly motivated and energetic person for the position of Simmental Country Sales Representative. The successful candidate will report directly to the CSA General Manager and be responsible for sales of advertising for Simmental Country and Commercial Country magazines as well as promoting the CSA and its programs.
Responsibilities & Activities
- Market advertising opportunities within Simmental Country and Commercial Country magazines
- Develop advertising strategies with new and existing clients
- Develop positive relationships with CSA members, and beef industry partners while promoting the Simmental Breed & CSA initiatives
- This position will require travel
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in the Agriculture industry and a strong knowledge of the beef cattle sector is important
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word
Salary will be commensurate with experience and this position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume by March 31st via email to Bruce Holmquist, CSA General Manager, at [email protected].
All applications will remain confidential.
THE HERD LETTER FOR 2016 IS "D"
CSA Fee Schedule Effective January 1, 2016
For new CSA Fee Schedule click here.
Do your Herd Sires have DNA?
Now is the time to make sure all your natural service sires have been DNA tested. If you have purchased any bulls, it is your responsibility to ensure they have DNA on file in accordance with CSA bylaws.
Are you collecting semen on a bull?
AI sires must be parentage verified in order to register their progeny. If you are entering a bull into an AI facility, drawing semen on-farm, or even considering drawing semen on a bull in the future, be sure your bull is or can be parentage verified by pulling hair on him and his dam so you will be able to readily parent verify him.
Genotyping Incentive Program
SIMMENTAL COUNTRY NEWS
Spring 2016 Simmental Country Issue Deadline - April 1st!!!
Contact Meghan or Jane to reserve your spot today!!
Simmental Country Online
To view Simmental Country and Commercial Country issues online visit the Simmental Country website.
To have your bull sale results included in the Spring Issue of Simmental Country, please send to Meghan prior to April 5th.
Simmental Country Eblast
Please send any membership announcements to
If you'd like to have your sale or event listed in 'What's Happening' in Simmental Country and on the website please send to Meghan.
For a listing of Simmental events visit the Simmental Country website.
CSA 2016 CONVENTION
CONGRESS OF THE AMERICAS
21ST WORLD SIMMENTAL-FLECKVIEH CONGRESS
YOUNG CANADIAN SIMMENTAL ASSOCIATION
National Classic Announcement
The 2016 National YCSA Classic will be proudly hosted in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan July 21-24, 2016. The Classic will be held in conjunction with the 2016 Canadian Simmental Association Convention. Please keep your eyes open for the latest information, as this will be another great opportunity to take part in a leading national youth event!
Scheduled 2016 Provincial Classics
Quebec Junior Beef Show: July 7-10, 2016 Brome, QC
Ontario Trillium Classic: July 15-17, 2016 Metcalfe, ON
Manitoba Youth Beef Roundup: July 29-31, 2016 Neepawa, MB
Alberta Wild Rose Classic: August 4-7, 2016 Lacombe, AB
Maritime YCSA Classic: Sept 23-25, 2016 Windsor, NS
Like us on Facebook under "Young Canadian Simmental Association and you can stay connected to the YCSA and follow us through the events and be up to date on opportunities that are available!
FRIENDS OF CANADIAN SIMMENTAL FOUNDATION
If you would like to consider making a charitable tax donation to the Friends of Canadian Simmental Foundation in 2016, donations can be made directly to the Foundation at #13 , 4101 - 19 Street NE, Calgary, AB T2E 7C4. Families or organizations that would like to discuss a Legacy Donation, please contact Chairman Ken Lewis, at [email protected] or any of the FCSF Directors. Information can be found on our webpage at www.simmentalfoundation.com