|Your Agent Steve Davis|
Columbia River Insurance Services is a professional agency dedicated to providing our clients with the best insurance protection and service possible. We will strive to use the industry's most superior products while maintaining affordability.
1503 NE 78th St Ste. 1A 98665
13343 SE Stark St. Ste. 200 97233
Products & Services
We are in the middle of winter and the weather changes almost daily. Winter road conditions can create serious concerns and worries. There are a few things you can do to prepare yourself for winter driving.
- Know the road conditions before you travel. The Web can be great source of current weather information. Make a list of Department of Transportation road-condition hotlines and consult them every few hours while you're on the road.
- Never warm up a vehicle in an enclosed area, such as a garage.
- Use all weather or studded tires.
- Use your seat belt every time you get into your vehicle.
- Make certain your tires are properly inflated.
- Keep your gas tank at least half full to avoid gas line freeze-up.
- Keep an emergency kit in your trunk.
- Drive below the speed limit in hazardous conditions.
- Winterize your car with fresh antifreeze, a good battery, a properly operating exhaust system and oil that will withstand the rigors of cold weather.
- If possible, avoid driving until the roads are safe and passable. You don't want to slide off the road, and we don't want to plow around disabled vehicles.
- Do a thorough pre trip inspection of your vehicle, paying special attention to your tires, brakes, windshield wipers and windshield wiper fluid.
- Allow extra room between vehicles.
- Brake early, brake slowly, brake correctly and never slam on the brakes.
- Let someone know where you'll be going and when you expect to arrive or return. Tell them to call authorities for help if you don't get back or check in within an hour of your estimate.
Advantages of an Independent Agent
Columbia River Insurance is an independent agency. This means we don't work for any one insurance company. We have access to many markets, giving us the ability to shop your account, and search the market for the best option for you. With captive insurance agents, like the big national companies, you only get the guidance of one company that sells one brand of insurance. With an independent insurance agent, you might get up to eight choices. There are a number of benefits to working with us:
- We will work with you to make sure your claim is processed to your satisfaction
- We provide a number of coverage options
- Are not obligated to any one company
- We search the market for the best combination of price and coverage
- We are committed to exceeding your expectations
- You are who we answer to, not a board of directors in NY
- We are licensed professionals with strong customer and community ties
- Columbia River Insurance is your one stop shop; we offer a complete line of insurance
- Our staff is qualified and trained to explain coverage in understandable language
- We can review coverage and make necessary changes based on your needs
When you work with us, we will give you unbiased advice. As an independent insurance agent we are very knowledgeable about all the companies that exist in the marketplace. We know which companies have the best track record when it comes to pleasing their policy holders. We can narrow your options down and help you choose between the best insurance companies in the market. Not all insurance agents are the same! Choosing the right one can make a big difference - in price, service, and value.
Healthy Eating While Eating Out
Everyone likes to eat out. However, people who eat out more often tend to have increased risks for serious health issues over time. It is not eating out that causes these issues, but rather the types of foods consumed when eating out. So, we are here to provide you with a few simple tips on eating healthy while eating out:
- Stay away from fast food.
- Drink lots of water rather than ordering soda.
- Trim visible fat from poultry or meat.
- Ask for whole-wheat bread for sandwiches.
- Choose main dishes that include vegetables such as stir fries, kebobs, or pasta with tomato sauce.
- Don't order from the "all you can eat" buffet.
- Ask if smaller portions are available or whether you can share entrees with a companion. If smaller portions aren't available, ask for a to-go box when you order and place half the entrée in the box to eat later.
- Eat slowly. It takes about 20 minutes for your brain to get the message from your stomach that you are no longer hungry
- Order an appetizer-sized portion or a side dish instead of an entrée.
- Ask for salad dressing to be served "on the side" so you can add only as much as you want.
- Choose fruit for dessert.
- Many restaurants honor requests, so don't be afraid to be assertive, ask menu questions and make special requests to meet your nutritional needs.
- Use small amounts of butter.
- Order steamed, grilled, or broiled dishes instead of those that are fried or sautéed.
Eating outside of the home is inevitable given our busy lives. It is also a source of pleasure, entertainment and an opportunity to socialize. By being prepared and mindful of menu traps, you can enjoy this pleasurable pastime while still maintaining your health.