CYSD Moves the Pride!
K-11 Learners Visit New Classrooms & Schools,
Meet Teachers & Make New Friends
Central York School District hosted "Move the Pride" Day June 2, 2016, for all Kindergarten through Grade 11 learners. Move the Pride is a program through which ALL learners have an opportunity to visit their new classrooms or schools and meet their new, 2016-2017 teachers and classmates before the end of the 2015-2016 school year.
We believe that Move the Pride benefits our students and families, faculty and staff by:
During this year's program, students in Grades 3, 6 and 8 traveled to their new schools, while learners in other grades visited their new classrooms to meet their new teachers and classmates. The day-long program included many activities designed to help our learners feel more at home in their new classrooms and schools and excited for the upcoming school year!
- Building relationships before the new school year begins (learners, teachers and classmates)
- Easing student and parent/guardian anxiety over the summer months
- Allowing teachers to "hit the ground running" at the start of a new school year.
We will send out a survey for parents/guardians, but if you would like to share thoughts now, please email them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISTRICT WILL BEGIN SUMMER SCHEDULE JUNE 20
Central York School District will again close some schools and operate on a four-day work week in others during the summer months in an ongoing effort to benefit from cost savings on utilities. In previous years, this initiative has saved the district, on average, $60,000.
The following is the Summer Schedule for Central York School District from June 20 through August 12:
- ALL buildings, with the exception of Central York High School, will be CLOSED on Fridays beginning June 20 and ending August 12.
- Hayshire Elementary, Stony Brook Elementary, Roundtown Elementary and Sinking Springs Elementary Schools will be CLOSED from June 20 through July 22. During this time period, school secretaries and administrators will relocate their offices to North Hills Elementary School.
- Central York Middle School, Central York High School and the Educational Services Center will remain open, along with North Hills Elementary School throughout this time.
- Central York Middle School, North Hills Elementary School and the Educational Service Center will be open to the public Monday through Thursday from 7:30AM to 4PM.
- Central York High School will be open to the public Monday through Friday from 7AM to 3:30PM. Please note - the Guidance and Athletic Offices will be CLOSED on Fridays throughout the summer months.
2016-2017 BUDGET UPDATE
The Central York School District Board of Directors on Monday, May 16, 2016, approved the proposed General Fund Budget,
as presented by the Administration, authorized the advertisement of the 2016-2017 General Fund Budget and provided notice of intent to adopt the 2016-2017 General Fund Budget on June 20, 2016. A copy of the Proposed 2016-2017 General Fund Budget is available by clicking here.
The Board will hold a public Planning Meeting at 7:15PM Monday, June 13, 2016 and a Regular (Action) Meeting at 7:15PM Monday, June 20, 2016. Both meetings will be held at the Educational Service Center, 775 Marion Road, York. Public comment time is available at each meeting for anyone interested in speaking about the budget or any other issue.
Please note: The Board of School Directors WILL NOT meet in July 2016.
SUMMER AQUATICS BROCHURE, REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE
ATHLETIC PHYSICAL SIGN-UPS NOW OPEN FOR CENTRAL YORK
Central York School District athletes interested in participating in school-sponsored athletics in the 2016-2017 school year must have a physical completed, and paperwork returned, within a specified timeframe.