We'll find a way to better health, together. Moda Health, in partnership with your organization, aims to promote healthy lifestyle choices and encourage you to make the most of your healthcare benefits. The journey to health is a lifelong journey. It's all about simple, everyday steps -- becoming more involved in your health, taking more accountability for making knowledgeable healthcare decisions and pursuing a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
Weight Watchers Online Discount
Moda Health has joined forces with Weight Watchers Corporate Solutions to bring you a savings of $10 off a 3-month subscription to Weight Watchers Online. You'll get Weight Watchers Online for only $55.00. That's less than $5 per week! This program is ideal for those who prefer not to attend traditional meetings. Sign up now and get:
- 24/7 access to tools, information and resources
- Daily tips and ideas from Weight Watchers experts
- Round-the-clock inspiration from the free online community
- An online weight tracker with colorful progress charts to help you stay motivated and focused
- Hundreds of delicious recipes
- Restaurant guides to help you make appropriate choices when eating out or on-the-go
Weight Watchers online is a software-based internet subscription product accessible from work and home. It provides confidential access to all the information and resources needed to follow the Weight Watchers program online. For more information log into your myModa account and click on Member Savings.
January is Women's Health & Maternity Care Month
Did you know that one in every 33 babies is born with a birth defect each year in the United States? This is why we are proudly participating in National Birth Defects Prevention Month.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines a birth defect as a problem that happens while the baby is developing in the mother's body. Babies born with birth defects have a greater chance of illness and long-term disability.
Both genetic and environmental factors can cause birth defects. While 60 to 70 percent of birth defects are unknown, there are some simple steps a woman can take to lower her risk of having a baby with a birth defect. These include:
- Getting enough folic acid every day before and during pregnancy
- Not smoking, using recreational drugs or drinking alcohol while pregnant
- Preventing infection
- Avoiding certain medications (and other chemicals)
- Getting regular prenatal care
- Eating properly
- Making sure all vaccinations are up-to-date
For additional support, Moda offers free one-on-one health coaching for Women's Health and Maternity Care. Contact a health coach at email@example.com.
Moda Health is offering a free new program for people with Type 2 Diabetes. Care4life is a diabetes support program that sends text messages to help you:
- Remember to take medications & go to appointments
- Eat healthy with nutrition tips & recipes
- Set weight & exercise goals
- Track blood glucose
Care4life messages are personalized to you and are sent right to your cell phone. It's easy!
Sign up by calling 1-866-418-8713 and entering the sign-up code Moda. Or, you can go to care4life.com. Click "sign-up now" to complete a form and enter the sign-up code Moda.
Better health is in your hands!