We'll find a way to better health, together. Moda Health, in partnership with your organization, aims to promote healthy lifestyle choices and encourage you to make the most of your healthcare benefits. The journey to health is a lifelong journey. It's all about simple, everyday steps -- becoming more involved in your health, taking more accountability for making knowledgeable healthcare decisions and pursuing a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
March is National Nutrition Month
March signifies the beginning of spring, the end of daylight savings time, and the reopening of local farmer's markets abundant with local produce. While many people set New Year's resolutions in January, March is the perfect time to recommit to your health through a balanced approach to eating, moving your body more with activity, and spending more time in the outdoors.
March also signifies National Nutrition Month. This year's theme is, "Enjoy the Taste of Eating Right". Research shows that the foods people eat the most are ones they enjoy the most. To find more enjoyment out of healthy foods, try at least one new strategy, and you'll be on your way to better health (and flavor!):
- Dip whole wheat pita wedges in hummus, baked tortilla chips in pico de gallo, strawberries or apple slices in plain yogurt, or graham crackers in nut butter or pudding.
- Make kabobs with pineapple, peaches and banana. Grill on low heat until fruit is hot and slightly golden.
- Puree apples, berries, peaches or pears in a blender for a thick, sweet sauce on grilled or broiled seafood or poultry, or on pancakes, French toast or waffles.
- Slice a banana lengthwise and top with a scoop of plain yogurt. Top with cinnamon, vanilla extract, and a tablespoon of chopped nuts.
For more information on nutrition and other health coaching progams call 877-277-7281, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Diabetes Association Alert Day
Are you at risk for type 2 diabetes? Nearly 26 million people across the country and 1 million people here in Oregon/SW Washington are affected by diabetes and pre-diabetes, 1/3 of those people don't even know they have it.
March 25th is the American Diabetes Association Alert Day, a one-day "wake-up call" asking the American public to take the FREE Diabetes Risk Test to find out if they are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes. Share the test with everyone you care about- friends, family and colleagues. With each person that takes the test and knows their risk, the Association is that much closer to reaching their goal to prevent and cure diabetes and improve the lives of all those affected by diabetes.
Visit www.diabetes.org/oregonswwashington or email email@example.com
to get more information on how you can be involved in Alert Day within your office and community.
Moda Health is offering a free new program for people with Type 2 Diabetes. Care4life is a diabetes support program that sends text messages to help you:
- Remember to take medications & go to appointments
- Eat healthy with nutrition tips & recipes
- Set weight & exercise goals
- Track blood glucose
Care4life messages are personalized to you and are sent right to your cell phone. It's easy! Sign up by calling 1-866-418-8713 and entering the sign-up code Moda. Or, you can go to care4life.com. Click "sign-up now" to complete a form and enter the sign-up code Moda.
Better health is in your hands!