Hundreds of families in Indonesia are still living in unsafe houses after the destructive 2009 earthquake. This holiday season, give a gift of a safe home. Your gift will make a huge difference - keeping families safe and saving lives!
Some homeowners have to rebuild their homes in phases or are unable to finish rebuilding their homes safely due to lack of funds.
Donate now and help these homeowners live in a safe home that won't collapse on them during the next earthquake.
Build Change continues to provide technical assistance to hundreds of homeowners who lost their houses in the 2009 earthquakes in West Sumatra. Most, however, are struggling to rebuild due to lack of funds. The financial support they need to complete their homes and meet minimum earthquake-
resistant standards is small - usually just around $250 per house. This amount, however, can be nearly insurmountable for a family in West Sumatra whose income averages around $2,050 per year.
Because of this, many families have been living in unsafe houses - and living with the constant fear that it could collapse on them during the next earthquake. Help make a family's dream of a safe house become a reality this holiday!
Build Change needs your support more than ever to help these families finish rebuilding their home safely. Your generous gift will:
- Help families access financial incentives to help them finish rebuilding their houses safely
- Provide hands-on construction supervision, builder training and earthquake-resistant design advice to homeowners throughout the construction process
- Provide intensive on-the-job training programs for builders and engineers
- Educate vocational school teachers and students about how to build earthquake-safe homes
- Train government officials so they can reach thousands more homeowners and builders with permanent, earthquake-safe housing solutions
|With technical assistance from Build Change and a financial incentive, this family was able to finish building a safe house.|
Please make a generous gift to Build Change today to help families rebuild homes safely.
Thank you for making a big difference in the lives of so many this holiday season and for your continued support of Build Change.
Wishing you a safe and wonderful holiday!
Elizabeth Hausler Strand
Founder and CEO
P.S. Pass it on! Forward this message to your family, friends and co-workers so they can help make a big difference in the world, too!