Through this eight-week program young adults gain and practice 21st century job skills that are necessary to be successful in the agricultural workforce. The program includes classroom workshops and job shadows at various agriculture businesses. To encourage innovation and job development, participants will meet entrepreneurs and develop a business plan for a business that will impact this industry.
EXPLORATION: Explore careers in agriculture through field experiences.
READINESS: 21ST Century Skills development and training from professionals.
PLACEMENT: Job shadow, internship, and job placement support during and after the program.
- Eight Weekly Workshops April-June 2016
- North State: Yolo, Solano, Sacramento, Yuba, Sutter, Colusa
Fresno: Fresno, Tulare, Madera
- Two job shadow experiences
- Must be 18-24 years old
- Submit application
- Participate in an interview
- Be able to attend workshops
- Participate in job shadows