Attract More Backyard Birds
Here Are 10 Tips from WildBirds.com....
1. Build a birdhouse to provide a safe and secure nesting spot. Make it practical, not fancy.
2. Attract Hummingbirds with feeders and flowers.
3. Provide a water drip. Birds love water and a shallow place to bathe. Let your garden hose slowly drip into the top of a garbage can, for example.
4. Put out thistle (nyger seed) feeders for the Goldfinches.
5. Cut an orange in half and hang it outside to attract Orioles.
6. Protect the birds from your windows. They can fly into glass and hurt themselves. Try using window stickers - especially during nesting season.
7. Leave a pile of brush in a corner of your yard to give birds a place to hide when the Hawk flys over!
8. Feeders with sunflower seeds will attract a huge variety of songbirds... or ask your local Wild Bird store which seeds will work best in your area. They know!
9. Experiment a bit - put out suet cakes for the Woodpeckers or live mealworms for the Bluebirds.
10. What good is it if you can't see all the birds in your yard? Keep a binocular near the kitchen window so you are always prepared.
Binoculars for Birders
Window "Warning Web"