Sign up for the BSAToday and Conestoga Newsletters.
Dates to Remember:
1 - Camp Card Sale Ends
2 - Camp Card $ turn in
3 - Camp Card $ turn in
6-8 Webelos Woods
7 - Cub Carnival
10 - District Dinner
10 - Camp Card $ turn in
13 - Camp Card $ Due
28 - Day Camp Begins
12 - Membership Kick-off
24 - Blood Drive
9 - Roundtable
TBD - District Wide Cub Recruiting Event
Conestoga District Leadership
Senior District Executive
Senior Quality Unit Executive
(& Eagle Project Approval)
Eagle Board of Review Contact
Webelos Crossover Champion
Merit Badge Chairman
Family Friends of Scouting Chairman
District Popcorn Kernal
District Camp Card "Coach"
Scouting for Food Chairman
District Dinner Chairman
District Camping Chair
Cub Activities Chair
Day Camp Director
District Camporee Chairman
District Cookoree Chariman
Order of the Arrow Adviser
Assistant District Commissioners
Venturing: Angela Margavitch
P37, P503, T375
P44, P355, P485, T43, T44
P92, P2206, C32
P174, P757, T757
C32, T355, C355
P240, P403, C512
Conestoga District Recognition Dinner
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Doors open 6:30pm, program starts 7:00pm
First Presbyterian Church
365 Summit Road, Springfield, PA 19064
All Scouters, Scouts and Parents are welcome.
(Cub Scout/Boy Scout/Venturing/District Leaders)
Good food, door prizes & fellowship!
District Award of Merit:
John Seng (Troop & Crew 32)
Mike Di Stefano (Troop 2)
Jack Edmonson Award:
Fred Sach (Troop 43)
Spark Plug Award:
Recognize that person who pushes, urges & drags the unit to become better. This person is self-motivating, will not accept the status quo, consistently asks "WHY?" and "How can we make this better?" Submit a short note telling us why you feel this person is deserving by June 4th to email@example.com.
Leader Training Awards:
Training awards are designed to recognize unit Scouters for tenure, training, and performance in their leadership roles. All registered adults are eligible. Submit forms by June 2nd. (emailed is fine)
Every dinner guest will receive a ticket and prizes will be drawn throughout the evening. If you wish to donate door prizes, please bring unwrapped prizes to the dinner. (Typically $10 or less and Scouting/outdoors themed)
Do you have photos from district or unit events in 2013?
How about from a great Eagle project that you'd like to share? Please send photos to Bob Booth by June 4th to be included in the slideshow.
Camp Cards - Sale ends June 1st
Camp Cards - No Scout left inside!
The goal of Camp Cards is to cover the cost of camp for every Scout without parents paying a penny.
**Camp Card Sale Ends June 1**
*Payment due to council by June 13*
Payment may be turned in at the following locations and times or at the council office.
- Drexel Hill United Methodist Church:
- Monday, June 2 from 7-8pm
- Tuesday, June 3 from 6-7pm
- First Presbyterian Church in Springfield (pre-dinner)
- Tuesday, June 10 from 5:30-6:30pm
Information about the Camp Card Program is available at www.colbsa.org/campcard.
Questions about the Camp Card Program?
Contact our District Camp Card Coach, Dave Zimmerman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Card - Strive for 25 Winners!
Week 8: Nathan B. in Pack 485 - $50 Gift Card
Week 7: Dominic V. in Troop 44 - $50 Gift Card
Week 6: Mark C. in Troop 63 - 50% Campership
Week 4: Bart T. in Troop 43 - $25 Gift Card
Wracce W. in Troop 63 - $50 Gift Card
Week 3: Collin P. in Troop 43 - $50 Gift Card
Week 1: Max F. in Troop 355 - 50% Campership
If you are a winner and have not been contacted, please contact:
Bill Waters 484-654-9229 to choose your gift card type
Tracy Launders 484-654-9213 to have a campership applied to a summer camp reservation.
Cub Camp Events
Webelos Woods: June 6 - 8
This full weekend event is targeting current Bears and First-Year Webelos as they prepare for the excitement of Webelos and Boy Scouting. Scouts will sleep in a tent all weekend and learn how to cook food, set-up a campsite, hike, and enjoy many other outdoor activities.
Cub Scout Carnival: June 7
This event is are for Cub Scouts and their siblings who want to experience camp in a more relaxed, unstructured atmosphere. Activities will include Fishing, BB and Archery Shooting, Boating, inflatables and much more. NEW SCOUTS ARE 1/2 PRICE!
Visit www.colbsa.org/musserevents to register.
Questions on these events can be directed to Cradle of Liberty Council Camping, 610-654-9213.
Summer Camps - Register NOW!
Day Camp at Smedley Park
July 28 - Aug 1, 2014
Geared for those new to Scouting and camping, spend the day doing fun activities and go home at night.
Parents may register their own Scouts for Day Camp!
**Both adult and Boy Scout volunteers are needed to make this year's Day Camp a success. (Specifically a Health Officer!)
Contact Day Camp Director John Thomas with any questions.
Registration closes two weeks before the start of camp.
SIGN UP ONLINE TODAY!
Cub Scout Resident Camp at Camp Hart
Cubs and their pack will have the opportunity to attend camp for half-week resident session or register for two sessions and stay the whole week!
More information at www.colbsa.org/cubadventures
Leader's Guide - For all Cub Leaders attending camp!
SIGN-UP ONLINE TODAY!
Boy Scout & Venturing Specialty Camps
Are your Boy Scouts and Venturers looking for more excitement this summer? Have they been to summer camp, but want to try something new? Make sure you get them signed-up for one of our Specialty Programs.
- Provisional Week at Resica Falls - Can't attend camp with your troop? Want to go for a second week to have more fun and earn more badges? Attend Resica Falls as provisional Scout and meet new friends!
- Fawn Run at Resica Falls - Enjoy a week of hiking in the beautiful Pocono Mountains and participating in exciting program along the trail.
- Paddlerama at Resica Falls - Enjoy a week of Canoeing on the picturesque Delaware River. The Trip is approximately 70 miles, and the Scouts will have the opportunity to earn parts of Whitewater Merit Badge.
Training is not just done in the fall to get charters processed, EVERY leader should be fully trained at ALL TIMES!
Do you know how many of your leaders are trained?
is our District Training Chair and can assist you in finding the in- person or online training that you need to be fully trained.
Friends of Scouting (FOS)
There are many companies and corporations that are part of a "Dollars for Doers" program.
Please review the list and contact your Human Resources representative if you work for any of the eligible companies.
Blood Drive Aug 24th
Conestoga District will host a Blood Drive at the
Ridley YMCA (900 South Ave, Secane, PA 19018)
Sunday, August 24th from 7am - 4pm
Other dates and locations are available here.
(Just let them know you are donating for Conestoga District)
Scouts and Scouters will be able to provide service by:
- Giving blood (must be at least 17 or 16 with parental consent form)
- Promoting the drive prior to family, friends, colleagues, business associates, and the community-at-large
- Volunteering at the drive (limited opportunities available)
- Helping with the BSA promotions table
- - Each Scout and Scouter that participates will receive a commemorative patch.
- The top Scout in each district who secures the most donor commitments* will receive a full campership to attend a Cradle of Liberty Council summer camp in 2015.
- The Scout who secures the second-most donor commitments* in each district will receive a half-campership to attend a Cradle of Liberty Council summer camp in 2015.
- The pack, troop or crew in each district that secures the most donor commitments* will receive a special-edition "Scouting for Life" branded dining fly/tarp.
*In order to count for the incentive program, donors who complete a commitment card must show up to a Red Cross blood drive and give blood. Must secure at least 20 donors to qualify.
What now? How do you help?
1. Commit Your Unit to the Drive!
2. Register to Donate Blood!
3. Promote the Blood Drive!
Both within your unit and to friends and family!