Here Is What You Accomplished In 2012
Those 44,000 people received 5.4 million pounds of food, 48% of which was fresh produce. Almost 100,000 lbs of that produce was gleaned locally by our newest collaborative program, Glean SLO.
- Harvest Bag provided 1,177,919 lbs of food in 39,264 deliveries to individuals and families.
- Healthy Food for Local Families distribution program in cooperation with the public schools provided 765,902 lbs of food from 13 sites to low-income school families.
- USDA Commodities Program provided 833,294 lbs at 51 sites scattered throughout the county.
- Senior Brown Bag distributed 111,300 lbs to seniors at closed sites where they live.
- BackPack SnackPack provided 100,903 snacks to children attending after school programs throughout the year.
- Lovin' Lunchbox Program provided 10,651 meals
during the summer months to children when they were not in school.
Finally, we provided 2,103,780 lbs of food to agencies that rely on the Food Bank to obtain free and low-cost food for their low-income recipients, whether they be from the public in general or clients with particular needs provided by the agency.