The Missouri Girls Collaborative STEM Initiative, part of the National Girls Collaborative Project (NGCP), invites applications for its Mini-Grant funding opportunity.
Programs from K-12 education, higher education, community agencies, and businesses are encouraged to apply. Mini-Grants will be awarded to girl-serving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) focused programs to support collaboration and further school-aged girls' interest in STEM. Mini-Grants are a small amount of seed funding and are not intended to fully fund entire projects. The maximum Mini-Grant award is $1,000.
- March 20th, 2013 - Application Deadline
- April 26th, 2013 - Awards Announced
- May-June 2013 - Award recipients receive funds from NGCP National Office
- June 2013 through March 2014 - Project Implementation Period
- March 2014 - Missouri Girls Collaborative STEM Initiative Collaboration Conference; all recipients are required to attend and present their projects. Specific date and location TBD.
In order to apply for a Mini-Grant:
- At least two programs from different organizations must collaborate on the Mini-Grant project.
- All programs/organizations collaborating on the Mini-Grant must be registered in the NGCP Program Directory. Registration is fast and easy, and can be done through the NGCP website.
- At least one collaborating program must be based in Missouri.
The Missouri Girls Collaborative STEM Initiative brings together organizations committed to informing and encouraging girls to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Mini-Grants are the perfect opportunity for programs to jumpstart new activities to get girls interested in STEM careers.
A compilation of previously-submitted Mini-Grant applications can be found at: http://www.ngcproject.org/grants
For information about NGCP, visit www.ngcproject.org
To learn more about applying for a Mini-Grant, visit: http://www.ngcproject.org/application-resources
Please contact Sarah Chappelow with any questions at email@example.com or (573) 882-9665.