Image & Style Events
April 9: Women's Energy Network Seminar
April 18: St. Luke's Methodist Church Seminar
April 19: Mirror Mirror Segment on Stripes featuring Rebecca
April 25: Stella and Dot trunk show - Rebecca's House 7:00 pm
April 30: Hess Business Seminar
May 2: Houston Panhellenic Luncheon, Jr. League of Houston
April 6-7: Houston Children's Festival
April 8-14: River Oaks Tennis Tournament - River Oaks Country Club
April 19-25: W by Worth Summer Collection Show Hosted by Tina Yrshus - Call Emily Elliott for more information or to set up an appointment 713-447-5879
May 2-4: Spring Extravaganza at Brookwood Community in Brookshire
2 events I want everyone to know about...
April 18: Sizzlin' Summer Fashion at St. Luke's Methodist Church.
The cost is $25 and all of the proceeds are going toward my bible study's scholarship fund. We help wonderful, underprivileged kids attend college. This is a great opportunity to hear what is in for the season and help some very deserving youth!
for more information and reservations.
April 25: Stella & Dot trunk show at my house!
if you haven't seen the new summer catalog. This is also a great time to grab those graduation and mother's day presents. We will start at 7:00 pm and I will have a little wine and dessert. My address is 7703 Betty Jane Ln. RSVP to me if you want to join us!
Come view the awesome new handbag and scarves that Stella and Dot is now offering. Check it out the website
|Emily Elliott's Top 5|
1. CUTE SHOP ALERT!!! Hello Lucky at 1025 Studewood is a winner in my book for unique clothes AND accessories for the home and YOU! Always feels good to support local craft and artists. Check website for hours - not open Mondays and Tuesdays. www.hello-lucky.com
2. Get it while it's HOT! J. Crew and Target are my favorites for swimsuits and pool/beach accessories. SHOP NOW for best selection of styles and sizes in stores and online.
3. MZ Wallace is a great line of purses and bags - I love these styles and what GREAT color options for Spring/Summer! Nordstrom carries MZ Wallace or for the full collection check out www.mzwallace.com
4. So we are entering flip-flop season and I beg you ladies not to wear your worn out, overly-adorned or platform styles!!! French Cuff Boutique and Nordstrom offer an updated, comfortable, every-day flip-flop that can transition from shorts to casual dresses. At $50 get 2 pairs!! TKEES Flip Flops are available in loads of colors...have fun!!
5. Rebecca and I spent a beautiful Spring day last week at Brookwood Community in Brookshire. Thank you Elisa McCann for the tour and delicious lunch at the Cafe. Brookwood Community is a non-profit residential facility for adults with disabilities. The residents who live and commute to Brookwood create some of the most gorgeous ceramics and care for greenhouses full of beautiful plants. A great source for unique gifts for Spring Graduations and Summer Weddings. If you are looking for an excuse to make the trip - Spring Extravaganza is May 2nd - 4th and includes local jewelry and clothing vendors. Check www.brookwoodcommunity.org
for more information.
|A huge trend this Season is Mixing Prints. Mixing prints can sometimes be intimidating but this is an aspect of fashion where you can really let your creativity show. It is important that the colors coordinate. If this is something new to you, then start small by adding an accessory such as a scarf to mix it up. Below are examples I have created for mixing prints at any age:|
20s-We're all a little more daring in our 20s, especially when it comes to fashion. I chose three different prints here but they each coordinate through the colors red, white, and blue.
30s-A Chevron print is a fresh take on stripes and mixing it with a floral blazer makes the look a little more fun and feminine.
40s-I love these pants from Coldwater Creek. I added a great striped top and a solid black blazer to create a look that's easy to wear yet still looks put together.
50s- Again, I started with a printed pant, but toned the look down a bit by choosing a top with broad stripes.
60s-Here is an example of starting small. I chose a floral scarf to mix with a plaid button down, and the colors in the scarf bring the rest of the pieces together.
|Emily Curry's Notes|
Okay ladies, spring time is here! This means school is almost out, and busy schedules are here. Who is in favor of switching their purses out on a regular basis? Not many! Who has time for that? I have come across a company that will solve this problem! It is called Miche, and the idea is you have one bag with all your essentials together and never have to move it all again. You start with a base bag, choose from 4 different sizes, and then select your stylish shell. The price for the shells range from $5.98-44.95 depending on the size of the shell. You can even change out the handles! For more information, go to their website www.miche.com. Start your spring with a new updated bag without the hassle. You can order online at their website.