Rebecca Matthews Logo 
Fashion Files: February 2013
And our big news is....... Natalie Daniels!!!
We have a new addition to our team! 
Natalie is native to Alabama, but has transplanted to our fair city to help you all shop!  She has an eye for the trends and is an expert in mixing and matching them in a new way.  She is currently enrolled with the Fashion Institute of New York which gives her the great experience of working fashion week and learning all about how to do our job better.  
 She has worked at White House Black Market and been a stylist for photo shoots as well as modeled for several designers. She brings so much to the table and I learn from her every day. It is a joy to have her on my team.  My consultants expertise help me have more time to be with my kids, do more speaking, and work on another project that you will hear about soon.  
Spring is a time of new beginnings - and that is true for us!  I hope you will welcome Natalie, as well as continue to work with my Emily's (Emily Elliott and Emily Curry) to bring your wardrobe to the place you want it to be.  We all look forward to seeing you this spring.


Image & Style Events 

February 8: Mirror Mirror TV segment "Winter Western" with Emily Elliott featuring Marlo Miller Boutique.  Check your cable listing for the LiveWell network.  It is posted on our website.  If you have missed our other segments go to our media page on the website.  Our next segment is going to air March 1st!


Local Events

Feburary 21:  Spring CaBi Show hosted by Rebecca Matthews and Emily Elliott. Just like last fall - held at Rebecca's house - 7703 Betty Jane Lane, 77055.  From 11:30 - 1:30.  Please RSVP to if you are able to attend.  Bring a friend too!  The collection looks great once again and we are really excited for you to see it.


Feburary 21-27: Spring 2013 W by Worth Trunk Show - BEAUTIFUL Worth quality and style at a more affordable price point.  For an appointment please contact Emily Elliott 713-447-5879 or Tina Yrshus 713-962-9639.  The Spring line can be viewed at


February 28:  Passion for Fashion Luncheon at Wortham Theater Center. Event will honor Sheridan Williams as the 2013 Design Society Fashion Icon and Terron Schaefer with Saks Fifth Avenue will be the featured guest.  Luncheon supports the Fashion and Interior Design programs at Houston Community College. Contact Saks Fifth Avenue for more details 713-627-0500.


More News...

Charming Charlie - one of our favorite "go-to" spots for accessories now has COWBOY boots!!  Just in time for Rodeo...go online or shop in the beautiful new CityCentre location.



Spring is slowly moving in.  Although this colder February weather doesn't help me want to switch my closet over.  My extended season is Feb 15th to October 15th. Our weather generally stays about the same - hot, humid with a mix of beautiful!
I have switched mine over - that means - no more corduroy, no heavy sweaters or jackets, and sweater dresses.  You can start brightening up your tops with darker bottoms, but don't pull out the easter egg colors just yet.  Here are some examples of some great outfits for the month...





All of these looks can be worn day and night for casual occasions.  I hope you have a great Valentine's Day!


Emily Elliott's Top 5
1.  It seems like 75% of the closets I work in I find a section labeled "Rodeo" - well giddy up girls!  If you are the other 25% and struggling with what to wear to this legendary event ride on over to Marlo Miller Boutique and talk to Marlo.  I guarantee you can walk out of her darling boutique educated and looking great. Located at Fountain View between San Felipe and Westheimer.  


2.  I got a laugh out of this cute hoodie from Wildfox.  I personally can't justify the price ($150) but this brand is known for catchy photography and language and an edgy/casual style.  Good selection at Nordstrom, La Mode Lingerie and the complete collection is online at

3.  Banana Republic has a fantastic selection of dresses right now.  Cute styles that function well during the day for work/luncheons with a blazer or cardigan and then can easily be dressed up for evening or special events with jewelry and the right shoe.

4.  J. Crew has a BEAUTIFUL Spring Collection in stores but what caught my eye are the accessories.  This beautiful necklace is $85 and can be worn a few different ways - dressed up or casual with jeans and your favorite t-shirt.  

5.  I went to a preview party last week to view the new W by Worth Spring Collection.  This Collection is so feminine and pretty.  The quality is excellent and the fabric and weight of the pieces are perfect for the Houston climate.  Full Collection at Some of my favorites... 

"A girl should be two things: Classy and fabulous."

Coco Chanel 


Rebecca  713-444-0313

Emily  Elliott 713-447-5879

Find us on Facebook 

Join Our Mailing List