Image & Style Events
October 10: Memorial Women's Club Fall Fashion Show
October 12: Mirror Mirror Debut! We have a featured segment on the TV show Mirror Mirror! The time will be 7:30pm on the Live Well Network (comcast channel 315). t will re-air on Saturday at 9am on the same network. I will be talking about ways to wear the Chambray shirt and Emily will be one of my models. Thanks to French Cuff Boutique for the use of their beautiful store, clothes and models. I hope you will all tune in!
October 12: MOPS Fall Fashion Seminar
October 11: French Cuff Anniversary Celebration benefiting Dress for Success.
Both locations will give 10% of sales to Dress for Success. Enjoy treats and drinks and you could win BIG in a drawing at the end of the night.
October 13-14: Bayou City Art Festival Downtown
October 25 - November 4: Holiday Shopping Card
With the Holiday Shopping Card coming up - I thought I would give some pointers on how to make your shopping experience the best for you.
- For starters - Here is the website for all of the information on what it is and where to get it and who it helps. www.victoryhouston.org
- Basically for a contribution of $70 to the American Cancer Society, you can shop with a 20% discount at hundreds of stores in the Houston area.
- You need to have your ducks in a row before you head out, because you want to take advantage of the discount for not only you, but your friends and family.
- This is a perfect time to start your holiday shopping. But remember, only one card per customer when checking out in the stores.
- Start making your holiday gift list now and decide who you want to buy for and the price range you want to be in. Since you get 20% off, you can either pocket the savings or get a better present for your loved one.
- The card comes with a handy listing of all of the retailers involved. They list them both alphabetically and by shopping area. I love the area part because I can see what stores I want to hit in one day in that area. Mark them on the booklet and you will have a plan.
- Plan your shopping days according to which part of town you might be in. There may be stores around the corner that you have never been to and you might find a treasure.
Here is my big rule for shopping for clothes as gifts...
DO NOT BUY CLOTHES FOR PEOPLE YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY SHOPPED WITH AND KNOW THEIR SIZE AND THEIR STYLE!
I am trying to make it very clear, that in my dealings with so many closets, it is NOT working out on either end. You are wasting your money unless you know for sure this is something they really want.
Having made my point, proceed with caution on the clothing gifts and look for jewelry, scarves, handbags, perfume, candles, art... There are so many different types of stores on the list - you will find what you are looking for at a discount.
These wonderful savings only last 11 days - October 25 - Nov. 4th - so get organized and get your shopping done early!
|Emily's Top 5|
|1. If you have not checked out SPANX lately PLEASE order a catalog! They have expanded their line of merchandise and now carry just about everything. The Bra-llelujah, tights and leggings are amazing! I am anxious to try the tanks, turtlenecks and active wear. www.spanx.com.|
2. SPLENDID!!!!!!! Now in Highland Village! This is one of my favorite brands...simple styles, great colors and so comfortable! Highland Village location includes clothing for women, men AND children. My favorite items for women are the tank tops, cardigans and dresses. Use some TLC when washing.
3. The CAbi Show was fantastic! A great opportunity for clients to view the Fall Collection and have some one on one time with Rebecca and me. If you missed it you can still go online or make an appointment with Veronica, firstname.lastname@example.org. My FAVORITE item is the Tuxedo Lean Trouser and you taller gals can't go wrong with the 35 inch inseam for jeans!
4. Looking for the perfect t-shirt?? I found it at J. Crew! The Vintage Cotton V-Neck Tee is $29.50 and comes in tons of great colors!
5. The shoe to have for the fall is the bootie! I prefer a wedge and love these suede options from Zappos and Dillard's. (L) Aquatalia $425 (R) Antonio Melani $129.99.