Southbound DNT near Parker Road closed overnight Aug. 8; two northbound lanes also closed
All southbound lanes of the Dallas North Tollway near Parker Road will close this weekend in order for construction crews to restripe the DNT main lanes and work on the Parker Road main lane toll gantry. The work is part of construction now underway for the DNT Improvement Projects.
The following closures are scheduled Saturday, Aug. 8, through the morning of Sunday, Aug. 9:
● Two various lanes of southbound DNT from Parker Road to Park Boulevard will be closed from 10-11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8.
● All lanes of southbound DNT from Parker Road to Park Boulevard will be closed from 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8, through 8 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 9. At least one lane will open to traffic by 8 a.m., and all lanes will reopen as work is completed.
● The southbound entrance ramp from Parker Road and the southbound exit ramp to Park Boulevard will be closed from 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8, through 8 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 9.
● Two various lanes of northbound DNT from north of Park Boulevard to Parker Road will be closed from 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8, through 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 9.
● The northbound entrance ramp from Park Boulevard will be closed from 11 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8, through 7 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 9.
During the closure times, southbound traffic will take the Parker Road exit and continue south on the frontage road. Motorists will be able to reenter the DNT using the entrance ramp south of Park Boulevard. Motorists wishing to enter northbound DNT at Park Boulevard will continue on the frontage road to enter DNT at Parker Road.
As a reminder, the posted speed limit on DNT in the construction zone is 60 mph as crews continue to work on the improvements.
NTTA appreciates drivers' patience during construction. For more information on the DNT Improvement Projects, please visit NTTA's new website, ProgressNTTA.org. You can also follow NTTA on Facebook and Twitter.