We are Central Florida's
MOHS Skin Cancer Surgery Specialists
The Skin Cancer Surgery team at Associates In Dermatology
has been performing MOHS Micrographic Skin Cancer Surgery
in Central Florida for over 20 years.
|Facts about MOHS Skin Cancer Surgery|
|Michael W. Steppie, MD, President/Medical Director
MOHS Micrographic Skin Cancer Surgery is a highly specialized treatment for the total removal of skin cancer. Important facts about MOHS Surgery:
- MOHS Surgery is performed in a pleasant outpatient surgical suite; you may return home the same day
- MOHS Surgery is performed by a Board-Certified Dermatologist by removing thin layers of cancer bearing skin and microscopically examined until the area is tumor free
- Using the MOHS surgery technique, the cure rate is more than 99% for most skin cancers, even when other forms of treatment have failed
|Choosing the Proper Sunscreen|
|Phaedra Connolly, RFS, CME |
Licensed Paramedical Esthetician
With so many choices in sunscreens today, it may seem difficult to decide what is best for you.
June 6th - 12th is Sun Safety Week
Sun Safety Alliance wants to remind you to
"Block the Sun, Not the Fun!"
TOP 5 things to remember when choosing a sunscreen:
make sure it has "broad-spectrum" coverage to fight both harmful UVA and UVB rays
- SPF 30 or higher
- ingredients should include zinc oxide, titanium dioxide or iron oxide These are natural sunscreen minerals that deflect the UV radiation.
- choose a sensitive skin formula if you are prone to breakouts
- Remember to re-apply every 2 hours. Especially if you are sweating or swimming.