SelfCare
Facebook
Like us on Facebook
Shower Commodes
  • Win a Starbucks Card - one skill testing question
  • Bath Products Updates - Nov. 20, 21 & 22
  • Our Christmas Party dates are set - December 18, 19, 20

Greetings!

November is unofficially Bath Product Month!

Take our one question Shower Commode Quiz and win!

Join us on November 20, 21 or 22 for our Bath Product Circuit Training. Drop by, have some lunch and learn about new bath products!

And most importantly, our Christmas party dates are set. Mark your calendar! Send your RSVP! Nothing gets you in the holiday spirit better than a party. Please plan to join us for our annual SelfCare Christmas Luncheons. Always lots of surprises and cheer.

We look forward to providing you with useful information throughout the year. Please contact us at any time if you have any comments, questions or topics you want covered by an inservice by emailing [email protected].

How many different shower commode chair models does SelfCare rent?

rent this SelfCare carries a wide range of shower commode chairs - but just how many models do we rent?

Enter your answer to this one question for a chance to win a Starbucks card for Christmas!

> Shower Commode Chairs Quiz
Rehab Shower Commode Chairs - 3 Products

Glide About Description: The rehab shower commode chair combines the needs for toileting, showering and positioning into a single piece of equipment. It often reduces the number of transfers for toileting or bathing to a single transfer which can be done outside the bathroom. Use of a self propel model can provide independence for personal care.

ocean standard Decision Factors:
  • Physical characteristics - seat to floor height for clearing toilet, weight capacity
  • User capabilities - attendant or self-propel
  • Comfort
  • Pressure redistribution provided by the seat or by tilt
Glide About > See our Just Products Feature on the Glide About, Ocean and RAZ

> Check out our Rehab Shower Commode Chair Reference Sheet
Bath Safety Circuit Training - November 20, 21, 22

grab bar Get a snap update on new bath safety products including our d�cor line of new stainless steel grab bars.

Circuit style - Lunch & Learn
15 minutes at each station:
  • grab bars & poles
  • bath lifts
  • transfer benches & bath seats
  • raised toilet seats
Pick only those stations you want to check out. See the attached details and register so we have enough food for lunch and handouts for you.

> RSVP November 20: North Shore Store - 11:30am - 1:30pm
> RSVP November 21: Surrey Store- 11:30am - 1:30pm
> RSVP November 22: Vancouver Store- 11:30am - 1:30pm

Register (for lunch) by sending an email to Janet or by telephone (604-990-9422).

SelfCare's Christmas Parties

With lots of cheer, food and presents, the SelfCare Christmas parties will be held from 11:30am to 1:30pm at:
  • Vancouver SelfCare store - Tuesday, December 18th
  • Surrey SelfCare store - Wednesday, December 19th
  • North Vancouver SelfCare store - Thursday, December 20th
Please RSVP so we have enough food!
  • Email [email protected]
  • Fax in the RSVP to 604-990-9424
  • Call Janet Moore at 604-990-9422 and let her know which location and how many people will be attending
> RSVP for the Christmas Party - Vancouver, Surrey, North Shore

Forward the RSVP to colleagues - it's a great opportunity to meet up with someone you talk to on the phone, but don't get a chance to see very often.

In this issue...
Commode Quiz
Rehab Shower Chairs
Bath Safety Circuits
Xmas Parties
Upcoming Events
Xmas Store Hours
Quick Links
Product Notes

1. Goodbye to Kim. B, Hello  to Ramon

2. Lucky Bridges Prize Winners

Upcoming Events

Nov 20, 21 & 22: SelfCare Bath Products Circuit

December 12, 2012: Sunrise Medical Education Festival

December 18, 19, 20: SelfCare Christmas Parties
Contact SelfCare
YES, ...you can reply to this e-mail. It will reach a person. How refreshing! Or call us at 604-872-5800. Need information on a specific product or want to demo a wheelchair? Contact a Seating & Mobility Consultant.
Join Our Mailing List
If you have received SelfCare's Newsletter from a colleague and want to be on our mailing list, sign up here!

Did a specific new product spark your interest? Let me know and we'll include it in a product comparison or feature.
Upcoming Events

There are a few upcoming events that we want you to know about -

You are invited to build your own inservice. Contact Kim Mackie at [email protected] to get a lunch and learn at your facility.

Christmas Store Hours

Our stores will be closed on the following days so that our staff can enjoy the holidays. If you are going to need our services over the holidays, let's plan for it today by calling us at 604-990-9422.
  • Monday, December 24 - Closed
  • Tuesday, December 25 - Closed
  • Wednesday, December 26 - Open
  • Thursday, December 27 - Open
  • Friday, December 28 - Open
  • Monday, December 31 - Open
  • Tuesday, January 1 - Closed
  • Wednesday, January 2 - Open
Health Care Professional Resources @ SelfCare

Online Access to Resources
You can access our reference and product sheets, inservice RSVPs, and other reference materials online. You will be able to find information on our rental and consignment equipment, staff contacts, plus many other features. Contact Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or via email to request a username and password.
In Person Access to ResourcesDo you have a product area - seating, mattresses, tilt wheelchairs or maybe just single products - that you would like to see at a lunch time inservice? We are always available to bring product, reference sheets and lunch to you. Contact Kim Mackie at 604-990-9422 or via email with your inservice request.

SelfCare's Product Line

MOBILITY
Wheelchairs - Bariatric l Lightweight l Power l Rigid l Manual l Tilt in Space
l Ramps l Scooters l Seating & Positioning l Walkers l Miscellaneous l Seating & Positioning
HOME CARE
Beds l Commodes l Lift Chairs l Mattresses & Support Surfaces l Patient Lifts l Personal Care
BATH SAFETY
Bath Lifts l Bath Seats & Transfer Benches l Grab Bars l Raised Toilet Seats l Specialty Items
SelfCare Locations