Winter Recreation Awaits...
Yes, it's that exciting time of year again! The Byway is gearing up for all sorts of winter fun including snowshoeing, skiing and wildlife watching. Get the lowdown on all your options
with a visit to WhitePassByway.com
This is just a sample of what you will discover:
- Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding - Hit the slopes and find excellent snow conditions on November through April at White Pass Ski Area. It's a must ski... and family friendly too!
- Snowshoeing - Each winter, summer hiking trails transform to a winter hiker's wonderland. Extensive trail systems around White Pass and the Skate Creek area offer snowshoers countless opportunities.
- Cross Country Skiing - The White Pass area offers an intricate web of groomed cross-country trails at the White Pass Nordic Center, as well as on scenic forest roads.
- Mt. Rainier National Park Drive Tour - This journey begins in the mountain community of Morton located on the byway and heads north to Mt. Rainier's only year-round entrance near Ashford.
- Wildlife Watching - So many options! Visit Oak Creek Feeding Station to see elk herds numbering in the hundreds. Head to Woods Creek Watchable Wildlife Trail, the Cowlitz Wildlife Area's Kosmos, and Swofford Pond - home to numerous varieties of waterfowl and songbirds.
Events & Happenings Along the Byway
Nov. 17: SWWT Christmas Bazaar
Nov. - Dec.: Poinsettia Extravaganza at DeGoede Bulb Farm & Gardens
Nov. 14: Movie Screening of "Seeking the Greatest Good" at the Roxy Theater
Dec. 4: Tania Opland and Mike Freeman Concert at the Roxy Theater
Dec. 5-8: Festival of Trees at the BCJ Gallery
Dec. 7: OnStage Children's Production at the Roxy Theater - Expose: Holiday Celebrities Tell All
Dec. 8: Christmas in the Mountains. Festivities include hayrides, a living nativity, entertainment and a free holiday movie at the Roxy Theater
Nov. 17: Holiday Bake Sale and Bazaar
Dec. 1 & 2: Holiday Craft Show
Dec. 6: Basket Making at the White Pass Country Museum
Nov. 15: 9th Annual Indian Summer Fest
Nov. 30 - Dec. 2: 2012 Chandelier Festival and Holiday Bazaar in Tieton
| Did You Know?
Permits for Christmas Trees in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest go on sale November 16, for $5 each. Make memories harvesting your own Christmas tree in the mountains!