A Message from the President
Dear women of Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis and our loyal supporters,
|Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis president Beth Thomas|
Happy New Year! And it's a very happy 2016 for Impact 100 Greater Indianapolis. We are going to give away $151,000 this year, our eleventh year. As of June 2016, when the grant winners will be selected by our voting members, we will have given away a total of $1,753,000 since our founders started this giving circle in 2006. This is not a small amount, and every one of our members and those who have contributed to and supported our organization should be proud.
Impact 100 members received an email on January 17 with our 2016 grant and membership information, but I want to share it with them again and share it for the first time with everyone else who receives our newsletters. Here are the numbers for 2016 (members should note these numbers have gone up since the email due to some last minute memberships and donations):
- Total Funds to be awarded: $151,000
- Major grant award amount: $100,000 (awarded to the finalist receiving the most votes at the annual dinner on June 7th)
- Residual grant award amount: $51,000 in unrestricted grants shared equally among the other finalists
- Number of members (this includes women in shared memberships): 176
- Number of shared memberships: 20 (consisting of 58 women)
- Number of scholarship members: 10
- Number of returning members: 133
- Number of new members: 43
- Total number of nonprofits receiving $100,000 or more to date: 12
- Total number of nonprofits receiving residual grants to date: 35
From now through May, the Arts & Culture, Education, Environment, Family, and Health & Wellness Focus Area Committees will be busy reviewing and discussing the proposed projects and applications submitted to them by greater Indianapolis area nonprofits, followed by site visits and the selection of a finalist from each committee. Then those finalists will spend a few weeks planning their presentations to the full membership at our annual meeting on June 7. Those finalists who have made a presentation to our annual meeting will tell you it's the most terrifying and energizing seven minutes of their lives. But the good news is that every nonprofit that makes it to the annual meeting is guaranteed at least $12,750.
Yes, it's going to be an exciting year for Impact 100 and the nonprofits selected to bring their grant proposal to the annual meeting. And you, through your financial and moral support, have helped us make it happen.
Thanks for reading,