Show your Kehilla how much creativity you and your USYers have and plan out your costumes together!
10. Check your closet for any TV character clothing such as Sheldon from "Big Bang Theory" or Dwight from "The Office." All you need are items such as dress shirts, a superhero T-shirt, etc.
9. Trayfe and Kosher- Have half of your USYers wear black with pictures of bacon or other unkosher items printed from Google images. tape pictures of bacon. The other half can wear white with Kosher symbols from Google Images- a good lesson in identifying different hechsher symbols!
8. A Starbucks menu - have USYers dress up as different items in a Starbucks drink such as soy milk, caramel, chocolate syrup. All together, they make up one complex order!
7. Sides of a Rubick's cube. Have each USYer wear a different colored spray painted cardboard box: Yellow, blue, red, green. All together, you make a Rubik's cube! You can also dress up as Lego this way and glue small plates or cups as the Lego bumps.
You may want to show them a picture of a Rubick's cube first!
6. Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream flavors- Use actual lids from Ben and Jerry's ice cream or Google images and post them to a a bed-sheet that can be worn tied toga-style around each person.
5. App images: Each person can decorate a square sheet of poster board as the image of their favorite app, hole punch and hang it around their necks. Examples include the Facebook app icon, Iphone messages "speech bubble," the Pintrest P or Picassa icon.
4. Really easy - a grammar lesson- each person can cut out a period, comma, question mark or colon and be a grammar lesson in person! You can also do this with various Torah trope symbols!
3. A General Mills cereal commercial- cut out box covers of different cereal boxes, tape or hang them on each person and be a cereal commercial as a group!
2. MTV Reality TV shows. USYers can choose their favorite MTV show and dress as their top favorite characters (just no "16 and Pregnant costumes...NOT FUNNY with teenagers!)
1. Check out this do-it-yourself Facebook homepage! All your need is poster board and construction paper! Your USYers can be an Iphone home screen or you can each be an "app."
Time to Teach! The Four M's of Purim
Remind your USYers of the four mitzvot of Purim, easy to do as a group or on their own:
1. Meal- A festive meal to celebrate the joy of the day.
2. Mitzvah Time! Matanot L'evyonim - giving to the needy/poor
3. Mishloach Matanot - Give your MM basket a theme like "movies" or "Superheroes." You can include non-food items like something fun from a 99 cent store, but you should have at least 2 food items of different brachot.
4. Teen Takeover/Megillah Madness- Are any of your USYer's reading Megillah? Invite other USYers to be the cheerleaders or to prepare shtick or silliness between readings. Get the USYers involved in hte congregational reading! One idea is to put on a puppet show for the little ones as we know that 3 year olds won't sit for very long without a "commercial break!"