by Gina Haigh
2014 Kickoff Brunch
When: March 30, 2014
Speaker: Kay McMahon
A 2010 LPGA T&CP Hall of Fame Recipient
Have you signed up for our Kickoff Brunch yet? We are planning a bigger and better start to this year's season.
- Come share a chance to win from our brimming prize table! We have so much to offer, you will surly come home with a wonderful prize.
- Try on and purchase EWGA-logo items.
- Meet and listen to Kay McMahon, A 2010 LPGA T&CP Hall of Fame Recipient.
- See what our signature sponsor Joe and Leigh's has for us. It will be awesome as usual!
- Do some shopping at our various vendor tables.
- Reconnect with old friends and meet new.
- Donate your used golf equipment or NEW clothing and/or shoes to our local charity The First Tee of Boston.
- Get your first look at league info... courses, dates and times.
- Sign up for New England Cup, Match Play challenge, Biggest Loser Challenge and more!
- Stand up and cheer for the 2014 Timmermans-Zick Award recipient.
- Do you know someone who may want to join EWGA? Bring them along, if they sign up, they will receive a $20 discount and your name will be entered into a special drawing.
- Enjoy a wonderful Brunch with the girls at Granite Links where the view and food are aways exceptional.
If you are interested in helping out at our Kickoff Brunch, we are still looking for volunteers. You could help at registration, set up, sell prize tickets, etc. The more volunteers we have, the more we can all get a chance to really enjoy the day. If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to register for Kickoff Brunch.
REGISTRATION ENDS ON MARCH 16.
Other March Event with Kay:
Stay and Play, March 22-23, at Cranwell Resort in Lenox, MA. Golfers are made in the off season! Don't be left behind! Join us for a day long Swing Clinic with a Hall of Fame teacher Kay McMahon. Options for overnight luxury stay with spa discounts. Register directly with Kay by March 15th (limited space).
A better swing means more fun all season!
by Kate Collins
The snow keeps piling up, but it will soon end! When it does, the golf courses will be extra green this season.
We are working hard to schedule events at some of our favorite and new golf courses this year.
We have confirmed events so far this year at:
- Red Tail Golf Club
- Ipswich County Club
- Falmouth Country Club
- Four Oaks Country Club
- Cyprian Keys Golf Club
- Waverly Oaks
- Sports Performance Center in Foxboro
Visit the Events table at Kickoff to see the complete list of Events.
Looking to help out? The Events Team is looking for volunteers to help with Chapter Championship. Do you have some time to help plan or volunteer at an event? Contact Kate Collins at email@example.com.
by Thalia Holmes
We are actively working on several education clinics, including one or two full day clinics and several pre-event clinics. We also have a Discovery Day Class scheduled at the MGM Sports Center in Foxboro on March 26th at 6:00-7:30. Please join us for a preseason review of warm-ups, body and swing performance.
We have also worked with the MGM Sports Center, which has two other programs available: C-School and Foursome Fitness. We have obtained a 10% discount to the C-School for our members. If you are interested in either of these programs please contact Lori Bush at 508-718-4800 or email Lbush1@partners.org. Take a look around their website: https://massgeneralsportsperformance.org/category/Sport/Golf. Their programs are set up to enhance your golf game as well as compliment any lessons or teaching that you currently receive.
Keep your eye on the calendar for additional Education information and stop by our table at Kickoff.
SEARCHING FOR LOCAL SPONSORS
by Rosemary Astheimer
For the past several years, Joe and Leigh's has been our premiere sponsor and they have always provided excellent services, whether in the form of classes, equipment fitting or lessons. We are grateful and look forward to continuing our relationship with them.
We are looking for more local sponsors. If you know someone who you believe is interested in sponsoring our chapter, please let us know. Sponsors allow us to provide additional services, prizes, and larger events. Your help would truly enhance the member experience within the Boston Chapter.
by Rosemary Astheimer
If you are tech savvy (or willing to learn how to become savvy!) we are looking for someone to help to update the website as new events get scheduled. This should take no more than about two hours a month. If you are interested contact Rosemary at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by and talk to me at Kickoff.
MEET A BOARD MEMBER:
Here are some fun facts about our new Member Services Director, Gina Haigh:
- I have been an EWGA member for about 4 years (I am not sure how many years but the whole time has been FUN!)
- I joined to get more playing opportunities and meet more women who play.
- I work at UMMHC in Cardiology.
- I like to drink a lot of water on hot days and have a lot of creativity in finding places to relieve my bladder on the course (no poison ivy yet!).
- I love to compete even though I am not a good golfer. I have played in the NE Cup, Chapter Championship, League Championship, Biggest Loser and Match Play Challenge and it has been a BLAST!
- I cherish my new friendships and hope to meet more women from the Boston Chapter and other competing chapters. I hope to get to play with you this year!
CONNECT. LEARN. PLAY. BELONG.