Important Information for LOSHRS Racers
The infamous '100 Miler' is coming up fast - Sat Aug 17 to Sun Aug 18, at PCYC. The 4th event in the LOSHR series is unique -
(i) it's the only overnighter in the series.
(ii) its a stand-alone race - you can participate in just this one and still win some hardware with short term bragging rights.
(iii) its a mandatory race in the overall LOSHR series results - you have to race in this one if you're gunning for top spot in your LOSHR division.
(iv) it's a qualifier for the Great Lakes Single Handed Society (GLSS) - requiring 24 hr or 100 miles non-stop (whichever takes longer).
It is highly recommended that all participants attend the Skippers meeting.
Skippers Meeting is on Fri Aug 16 @ 7:30pm at PCYC. On the agenda is:
· Updates to the SI's
· LOSHR Hats - buy 1 for $12 (single handers), 2 for $20 (double handers) - Cash only
· Rum draw - 4 lucky skippers will walk away with a healthy sized bottle of Mount Gay
· Registration closes on Wed Aug 14, 2359 EDT, that's only a few days away - click here if you haven't yet registered -- http://www.yachtscoring.com/event_registration_email.cfm
· Entry fee for the 100 Miler by itself is $50.58 (incl. HST)
· Confirm the course, GPS location of marks, and in particular the 'PCYC Finish' on the Racing Documents page (NOR and SI's) -http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=767
· This is a Category 3 race - confirm your safety equipment and other requirements here -- http://www.yachtscoring.com/event_documents/767/LOOSR%20Cat%203%20Monohulls%20v1.1.pdf
We have 115 boats registered for this pivotal event of the summer. Looking forward to seeing you all shortly.
First start is at 955am on August 17 - Dont be late!!
Fred Harding - LOSHRS Chair