Welcome to the 2013 Susan Hood Trophy Race, a Port Credit Yacht Club tradition since 1955!!
With less than a week to the race there are 92 boats registered. We expect we will exceed 100 boats for the first time since the 70's!!!
We have much in store for you this year and are looking forward to another exciting race. If you know someone who is planning on racing and has not signed up, please encourage them to do so as we are trying to reduce the number of last minute changes.
Please take a minute to familiarize yourself with these last minute reminders. We also would like to take this opportunity to recognize our event sponsors: Sperry Top-Sider, Mount Gay Rum and North Sails (Toronto).
· Registration page at Yacht Scoring
· Please make sure you review the Sailing instructions ahead of the race
· The Race Committee can be reached during the race; 1-866-462-8828 or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Familiarize yourself with the Finish Line diagram, ask questions if you are in doubt
· Complete the LOOR Standard Review Card (self-inspection only for the Susan Hood Trophy Race) and COB Recovery Drill Certificate and submit at the club before the start or via e-mail at email@example.com
Division Splits and Start Sequence
· The Scratch Sheet is now available on Yacht Scoring
· A convenient Division Splits and Start Sequence reference sheet is also available on the registration page·
Please review these documents on race day as they might change in the last few days with
· Contact us if you need to change division (i.e. fully crewed to double handed, spinnaker to white sail, etc.)
· Please take the time to complete the electronic version of your Crew list on Yacht Scoring (select Owner's Corner, then My Crew List or Add Crew from Past Events)
· Use the printed version Crew List for last minute changes only
· The Emergency Contact detail for each crew member is the most important Crew List information!
· Ensure you have paid your entry fee.
· Check out the Crew/Boat Board if you are looking for additional crew!
· PCYC harbour will be busy; over 92 yachts are already entered in the race!
· Expect to be rafted on the wall
Food and Beverage at PCYC
· Friday BBQ on the patio starts at 4:30 pm
- Chartroom menu is also available
Saturday Susan Hood Breakfast starts at 8:00 am
All-day breakfast special!!
Saturday Sperry Top-Sider Post-Race Party starts at 3:00pm (approx.)
Complimentary Sausage on a bun and coleslaw. Be sure to pick up your tickets on Friday night.
The Official Drink of the SHTR is the Mount Gay Eclipse Silver Warm Apple Pie
Manadatory Participants Meeting
· Pick up your Sperry Top-Sider skipper's t-shirt & tickets for the Saturday BBQ
· Participants Meeting starts at 6:00pm on patio (at least one member from each boat must attend
· Raft break-up at approximately 7:00pm
· First gun at 7:45pm
Weather Routing Inc.
· WRI is our official weather forecaster and will be providing online marine forecasts specific to this race and based on 3 specific grids- Toronto-Burlington WM- Niagara.
· Forecasts will be uploaded to the http://loor.ca/susan-hood-race/ website each day starting Friday afternoon. Log on and get your updates.
· SeaWeather is a supplemental online service (www.seaweather.net). Participants will be able to create their own SeaWeather accounts for the Susan Hood Trophy Race by clicking on the link on the SHTR forecast page that reads. "Click here to create a free SeaWeather account for this event".
· Saturday around 3:00pm (possibly later if light winds prevail)
· Lake Ontario 300 Early Registration Draw
· North Sails Division Winner Flag Presentation
Yacht Scoring Mobile
· Yacht Scoring offers a mobile site of its website for your convenience
· Access all race details including the Scratch Sheet and official Race Documents
· Results will also be available as soon as yachts finish
· Visit our new safety, navigation and weather page on the LOOR website
· Lake Ontario surface temperature is only 15º C (60º F); don't fall in!
· The race course crosses shipping channels at the western end of the lake; consult appropriate resources for freighter traffic
Special Instructions for LOSHRS racers
· LOSHRS racers who intent to dock at PCYC on Saturday evening are reminded to fill out the LOSHRS Visiting Yacht Registration Form
· LOSHRS Sunday Breakfast: start at 8am
Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question or comments.
All the best, we look forward to seeing you at PCYC on Friday, May 31st!
Lake Ontario Offshore Racing Committee