Shearman & Sterling LLP
The Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts
LEARNING TO LEAD: DINNER AND CONVERSATION WITH JOHN Y. KIM
Powered by CastleOak Securities
Monday, November 9, 2015
CUP'S 7TH ANNUAL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT FORUM
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
DISTINGUISHED LEADERSHIP SERIES: LOOK AHEAD: THE FUTURE OF MEDIA
CUP in Los Angeles Speakers Series
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
6:30pm - 8:30pm
DISTINGUISHED LEADERSHIP SERIES: 2020 VISION - THE FUTURE OF WORK WITH MILLENNIAL LEADERS
Thursday, November 19, 2015
6:00pm - 8:00pm
If you're interested in attending please contact Janyce Hunt at Jhunt@cupusa.org
EIGHTH ANNUAL WALL STREET PARTNERS FORUM
On Wednesday, September 30, CUP hosted its 8th Annual Wall Street Partners Forum, where over 150 professionals engaged in an evening of networking and robust conversation. This year's forum featured a keynote conversation with Charles Phillips, Chief Executive Officer of Infor, and moderated by William M. Lewis, Jr., Managing Director and Co-Chairman of Investment Banking at Lazard Ltd. In addition, we announced our 4th Annual List of CUP Catalysts: Change Agents 2015 | Finance, leaders across the financial services sector who have achieved extraordinary success in business while simultaneously making a significant impact on their community. To view photos from this event, click here.
William M. Lewis, Jr. and Charles Phillips
|2015 CUP Finance Catalysts|
DISTINGUISHED LEADERSHIP SERIES - NEGOTIATING A LONG TERM CAREER: A CONVERSATION WITH NINA SHAW
On Thursday, October 1, we kicked off our Business, Innovation & Leadership Speaker Series in Los Angeles with the dynamic Nina Shaw, Founding Partner of Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka, Finkelstein, & Lezcano and Moderated by Debra Langford, Officer of Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives, USC Marshall CEO & Principal, The Langford Company. Nina Shaw shared advice on how to negotiate a long-term career.
|Debra Langford and Nina Shaw|
CUP FELLOWS PRESENT ON 'IMPACTING THE POLITICAL LANDSCAPE
2015 CUP Fellows Stephanie Arthur, Coordinator at PIMCO, and John Owens, Principal Court Attorney at New York State Unified Court System, gave a presentation on 'Impacting the Political Landscape' at the CUP Fellows Program session on October 17. Their presentation encouraged Fellows to consider opportunities to influence policies and conversations in the public sector, including running for political office or playing a key role in a campaign.
|2015 CUP Fellows Stephanie Arthur and John Owens |
DISTINGUISHED LEADERSHIP SERIES - INVESTING IN THE INNOVATION OF TOMORROW: A CONVERSATION WITH ROBERT F. SMITH
On Tuesday, October 20, CUP held it's second event of the Business, Innovation & Leadership Speaker Series in Los Angeles where attendees had the opportunity to be apart of a thrilling keynote conversation featuring the Founder, Chairman, and CEO of Vista Equity Partners, Robert F. Smith and moderated by Van Jones, President & Co-Founder of Dream Corps. During the event, Robert Smith discussed the importance of investing in the innovation of tomorrow.
WELCOME TO OUR NEW CUP MEMBERS
Click here to see the full list of our newest members.
WELCOME TO OUR NEW CUP BOARD MEMBERS
- Indhira Arrington, Director of Diversity, Wells Fargo
- Fernando Bohorquez, Partner, BakerHostetler
- Seth Bryant, Managing Partner, Bryant Rabbino LLP
- Johnathan Simon, Director Corporate & Investment Banking - Global Public Sector, CITI
- Marcos Torres, Managing Director, Head of Broadcasting Investment Banking Group, RBC Capital Markets
- Rossie Turman III, Partner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher, & Flom
- Alexandra Wallace
WELCOME TO OUR NEW CUP STAFF MEMBERS
Click here to learn about our two newest CUP team members Alicia McCalmon and Jennifer Olayon.
CONGRATULATIONS TO CUP MEMBERS
- Stephanie Arthur, 2015 Fellow attended the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Institute's annual Political Leadership Boot Camp, a highly-acclaimed leadership development program designed to generate a deep pool of well-qualified political professionals to lead the development of public and private sector policies, political campaigns, or issue advocacy.
- Vincent Benjamin, 2015 Fellow, is now a Director at App Annie. Also, Vincent has joined the Steering Committee of The Opportunity Agenda.
- Check out the article below from Gabrielle Lyse Brown, 2014 Fellow and Director of Diversity and Inclusion at the New York City Bar Association:
- Paula Edgar, 2015 CUP Fellow and Principal of PGC LLC, presented a workshop titled "Crafting Your Brand Using Social Media" at the NYC Bar Bootcamp on October 1st. For more information, please click here
- Jamaal Glenn, 2015 CUP Fellow, is now Head of U.S. Business Development at Inneractive.
- Shan Haider, 2015 CUP Fellow, is now an Associate in the Structured Finance Group at Perkins Coie LLP.
- Kathleen Hart was promoted to Vice President, Diversity and Inclusion Project Manager at BNY Mellon.
- CUP Fellow Alumni and Special Advisor to Mayor Bill de Blasio at the Office of the New York City Mayor, Jerika Richardson, has been named as one of City & State's 2015 NYC 40 Under 40 Rising Stars. Click here to read more.
You are cordially invited to an upcoming Diversity Leadership Forum hosted by CUP's Corporate partner, Credit Suisse
. The goal of this forum is to introduce diverse talent to senior members of the firm and provide content rich information from Credit Suisse's Chief Economist James Sweeney.
Date: Thursday November 12th, 2015
Registration Deadline: Monday November 2nd
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Location: Credit Suisse Headquarters (One Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010)
Does your company have employment opportunities that you would like us to share with CUP's diverse network of professionals? If so, please reach out to us! We can post your reviewed and approved job position(s) in our newsletter and on our website. Contact Us.
The CUP newsletter is an effort to better inform our members and broader CUP family of the programs, events, and opportunities that are central to our mission and our issues. All submissions should be submitted to Alicia McCalmon at email@example.com by the 5th of the month at 5:00pm for consideration in the next newsletter.
55 Exchange Place, Suite 401
New York, NY 10005