Welcome back to the February 2016 newsletter. This month I am introducing a new column called "From the vault"
in honor of our 10th anniversary of programming with the Group Coaching Essentials course. It has been a pleasure and honor to work with thousands of you in the last decade throughout the program or the many presentations I have led for the coaching community.
A few weeks ago we kicked off the Learning Lab and Design Studio
which houses a collection of many of the rich resources I've developed. We meet on Fridays
, usually at 12 noon ET. You can join us at the LLDS throughout the year to take your learning around group and team work deeper, and to also connect with any amazing community of other practitioners.
More information below, along with a monthly, six month and annual sign up link.
This month's article is Five Ways to Support More Introverted clients in groups and teams.
Coaching is primarily a verbal channel and it is important for us to adapt our approaches to meet the needs of the diverse learners who find their way to us.
Please take advantage this month of the Early Bird Special pricing on the April 2- 3 Group and Team Coaching Intensive which will be held in Toronto - Save $200 plus HST on this 19 CCE program. Special pricing is available up to February 29th.
|Posts and Resources to Support Your Work PLUS FROM The VAULT|
|A number of rich blog posts to support you this month:|
Six Coaching Questions - Focus - Read it here
Ethics and Group and team Coaching - Read it here
Learning Styles - What type are your learners? - Read it here
Webinars, Teleclasses and Virtual Group Coaching - 5 WOW factors -Read it here
Five essential elements in your group and team coaching toolkit - Read it here
From the Vault - What we were focusing on 10 years ago in February 2006:What's the optimum Group Size in Group Coaching? - Read it here
|Join us this year in the The Learning Lab and Design Studio|
| A few weeks ago the doors opened at the Learning Lab and Design Studio for a six and twelve month journey. |
Are you a coach who:
Wants to focus more on leveraging their time through group and team programs?
Wants to continue to add to their toolbox?
Is looking for longer term coaching support and accountability?
Wants to connect with an exceptional group of other coaches?
Join us this year on Fridays (usually 12 - 12:50 pm ET) at the LLDS for :
3 group calls per month -
- A monthly lecture on core topics related to group and team coaching - this month we explored neuroscience and the realm of team effectiveness;
- a monthly Facilitation Lab where we get to "play" with different tools/approaches you may want to bring into your work.
- a monthly group coaching call where you get to bring your own topics to the table to be coached around;
- A monthly article and template you can use in your programming!
PLUS you get to participate in:
* One laser one-on-one coaching call per month with me of 20 minutes. Bring your own unique questions. Calls are typically scheduled between 630 am ET/New York and 3 pm ET/ New York by phone or skype.
* Quarterly Virtual Retreat Days (4 hours each 4 times a year) to support you in getting your work done!( Worth almost $1600 alone)
* Access to dozens of hours audio and video libraries of past calls and presentations
* Complimentary Access to the 28 Tips E-Book (the foundation of the Tips Program here at the Learning Lab)* The opportunity to beta test some of our newer products before they roll out to market. This might be a new on-demand course, worksheets, templates or other resources geared to support program design and/or business development.
Join us for a month at $250 US, for six months for $1250 US and 12 months for $2500 US.
Download our call schedule for the next six months here. Our remaining calls are this Friday (Coach on Call) and the Feb 26th Facilitation Lab on Working with Visuals and Cards.
Please take look at what the lab has to offer (and it will be growing each month)
Our next call is this Friday February 19th at 12 noon ET - Come join us for this Coach on Call - Bring all your questions and areas you want to explore around groups and teams.
I hope that you will make 2016 the year to focus on you and your growth with groups and teams. Jump on in....
Click here to sign up for a six month membership (starts the day you register) for $1250 US:
Or join us monthly at $250 US per month (monthly installment payments of $250/month):
| Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities |
Looking to grow your skills in the areas of group or team coaching, facilitation or coaching in general? Join us this winter/spring to sharpen your coaching competencies, learn more about group coaching, and build your virtual facilitation skills. Here's what we have coming up:
Mentor Coaching Group (ACC Renewals & ACC/PCC Portfolio) - By phone
The Mentor Coaching Group will be of interest for ACC renewals, as well as those working towards their ACC and PCC portfolio applications with the ICF. This is a 10 hour mentor coaching program, which includes 7 hours of group mentor coaching calls, and 3 hours of individual mentor coaching sessions (held monthly). We look at all 11 core coaching competencies of the ICF, and coaches have the opportunity to practice and receive feedback on their skills during the program. Each class you'll receive module notes to support you with your learning and coaching work These will also be supportive for you with the new knowledge exam. Click here for more info about the Mentor Coaching Group.
Upcoming Program Dates:
Fridays 11 - 12 noon Eastern/New York - February 26 - May 27, 2016
Three spaces open in the February - May group group - Group calls will be held
Feb 26, March 4. 11, April 1, 15, 29, and May 27.
Current pricing: $1000/10 hour program.
Reserve your spot in the February 26 - May 27 2016 program - $1000 US:
Here's what one coach recently said about her experience with the Mentor Coaching Group:
Jennifer Britton's Mentor Coaching Group was a very productive, growing experience and an excellent value! I got far more than I expected through our small group sharing, her coaching and practicing my skills. As a coach I'd describe the experience with these three words: engaging, stretching and skill-enhancing! For those preparing for an ICF credential, I'd highly recommend Jennifer Britton as your mentor coach! - Coach Linda Stephen-Jones
Group Coaching Essentials - Thursdays 1030-1145 am ET: March 31, April 7, 14, 28 and May 5 and 12- 8.75 CCEs
Looking to add group coaching to your mix, and want road-tested tips to support you in
design, marketing, and implementation?
Join me for this five p
art teleclass as we take a look at activities, resources and approaches to support you in your work with public and corporate groups, for in-person and virtual programming. Course is approved for 8.75 CCEs with the ICF, which is now 2 more hours, including a new blended learning component. Weekly module notes and four laser 1-1s with Jenn, provide you with the Essentials to get you started!
Cost: $450 US
Reserve your spot in the March 31st program:
Enroll in both the March Essentials and Spring or Summer Advanced Practicum (A total of 18.75 CCEs for the current discounted pricing of $850 US - save $95 off current pricing when you purchase both):
Advanced Group Coaching Practicum (10 CCEs incl. 9.25 Core Competencies) - Looking to take your Group and Team Coaching Skills to a deeper level?
Gain more practice with the skills of group and team coaching virtually. This six session program provides you with more content about advanced issues in grou
p and team coaching like engagement, tricky issues, virtual programming, scalability, and LOTS of practice, feedback and modelling in what group coaching looks like. This is a 6 week program.
Thursdays 12 - 1:15 pm ET/New York: March 31, April 7, 14, 28 and May 5, and 12 2016 Four spots open. Cost: $495 US:
Please reach out to me directly at (416)996-8326 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Five Approaches for Working with Introverts in Your Groups Programs
Copyright 2016- Jennifer Britton. All Rights Reserved
|Today we are much more aware of styles than we ever have been. Whether our clients move through an MBTI assessment, a DiSC or have done "colors" work, supporting different learning styles in the room is key.|
I often get asked by coaches how do I support introverts in a group coaching process? In fact I think for many people who might not be as verbally verbose, or may want more time to process, group coaching can be a popular and well loved modality if we consider more than just coaching rounds. Coaching rounds and being placed ina "fishbowl" can be highly uncomfortable for an introverted or more reserved person, especially when connections are weaker and trust is not there.
Consider these approaches for supporting those that may need more time to process:
1. Provide pre-work opportunities so people feel like they are not as placed on the spot. Priming people for conversation, through readings, a handful of questions they can reflect on, or a link to a related video, can help focus the conversation.
2. Provide smaller breakout opportunities. It can be perceived as easier for pople to connect with smaller groups. Increasingly it is almost as easy to do this virtually as it is in person. Many virtual platforms like Maestro or FreeConferencing.com allow you to use breakouts in your work.
3. Post its - Ensuring that everyone's voice is on the table is a key principle to operate from. I tend to use a lot of post its in my work, ensuring that people have time and space to reflect, write and then share their ideas. Tip: Bring a Sharpie marker for each person and make sure that people write only one idea per card. Ensure you have blank wall space available for people to post.
4. Journalling: Journalling is another approach which can provide reflection space. There are now online platforms like Journal Engine which a uniquely well positioned for not only individual coaching, but also group coaching.
5. Ask group members how they want to stretch - One of the things I love in our work is that everyone is different. This is the value of the pre-call and you will hear from different group members how they want to be supported, what stretch can look like for them. Sometimes people with take this as an opportunity to really stretch with your co-designed support. Don't assume how much people do want to use the coaching as a growth opportunity.
What other approaches do you want to incorporate to support those in your group that may want more reflection space and/or less verbal approaches?
|That's it for February. Enjoy the month!|
|Early Bird -|
I'll be holding the two day Group and Team Coaching Intensive in downtown Toronto
on the weekend of April 2-3, 2016. This 19 CCE program (including 17 core competencies) takes a deep dive over the course of a weekend into Group and Team Coaching Foundations and Advanced Issues. Click here to learn more about the program.
If you want to immerse yourself in the best practices of group and team coaching (design, engagement, marketing, exercises, systems etc) AND have the opportunity to practice and get feedback on your skills, this weekend Intensive is for you. Save $200 off the regular cost of registration ($1095 CDN plus HST) until February 29th. Early bird pricing is $895 plus HST).
Lock in your early bird savings here - $895 plus HST = $1011.35 CDN:
|Offer Expires: February 29, 2016|
Potentials Realized.com | GroupCoachingEssentials.com | From12Many.com
Phone: (416) 996-TEAM (8326) | Skype: jennbrittonConnect with Me on Google+