|What's New This Week?|
View and Summarize Educational Videos
NAMI-WCI seeks a volunteer who would enjoy watching various educational/informational videos regarding mental illness and then could summarize in writing the content of each video.
- View during business hours M-F 9-3
- Summarize video content
- Communicate well in writing
For more information, view opportunity
on website, call 423-6939
or email Patti at email@example.com
Canine Adoption Helper - Level 1
Almost Home Humane Society is looking for volunteers to assist visitors with removing dogs from kennels and helps potential adopters find a good match for their household. All volunteers must complete an orientation session and be willing to volunteer up to 20 hours.
If interested in becoming an adoption helper, view opportunity on website, call
Mental Health America is currently looking for a cheerful volunteer to assist a special needs client.
- spend time with a woman who is blind, partially deaf, and has a bipolar mental illness every second Tuesday of the month from 4- 6:30 P.M.
- Pick her up and bring to MHA building, 5 minute drive.
To inquire, call 742-1800 or email Tiefa at firstname.lastname@example.org
YWCA is having a volunteer callout, Wednesday, July 10th from 6 - 7pm in the YWCA large conference room at 605 N. 6th Street. Looking for volunteers to do:
- Answer crisis hotline
- Work in children's program
- Assist with outreach events
- Make a meal for shelter residents
- Do clothing drive or 9-1-1 phone drive
- Paint a room
- Clean and spruce up yard
- Sort donations
- Assist with translations
- Enter statistics into database
- Assist with office work
- Organize a clothing drive
For more information, call 423-4486 or email Ericka at email@example.com
Be part of the Change,
Become a Read to Succeed Volunteer
for the 2013 - 14 School Year!
Add your name to the Read To Succeed volunteer contact list by emailing Emily or call United Way of Greater Lafayette at 742-9077 x 244