|What's New This Week?
Great Group Projects
YWCA Domestic Violence Intervention and Prevention Program
is looking for about 25 volunteers to help their big fundraiser, Clay Bowl Giving event held on April 25th:
- set up on April 24th at 5pm;
- tear down on April 25th at 7pm;
- move tables and chairs.
If interested, sign up on the volunteer website , email Ericka at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 423-4486.
Girls Scouts Indiana is looking for cookie cupboard volunteers. The cupboard is where area troops come and get additional cookies to fill their orders. Shifts to be filled:
- Monday, February 11 - 2:00-4:00
- Tuesday, February 12 - 2:00-6:00
- Wednesday, February 13 - 2:00-4:00
- Thursday February 14 - 9:00-1:00
- Friday February 15 - 9:00-1:00
to basically do the following:
- Greet our Cookie Moms and/or Dads
- Distribute order sheets (if necessary) to the Cookie Mom/Dad to be completed before cookies are distributed. Some troops call or email their orders ahead of time which eliminates this step.
- Check to make sure the individual has their Access Card. This is a card that is issued to the appropriate individual authorizing them to pick up cookies for a particular troop.
- Distributes the cookies.
- Signs the order sheet and gives the Cookie Mom/Dad their copy and retains the remaining copies for daily verification.
There is lifting and reaching involved. The cookies are packaged in cases of 12 boxes which aren't heavy or bulky but they are stacked 10 cases high and there will be repetitive motion, such as bending. To sign up, email Susan at email@example.com or call 317-924-6896.
If interested in learning about more ways to get involved, contact Amy at the
FASFA Days at Area High Schools
The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette has contracted with The National Center for College Costs (NCCC) to host "FAFSA Days" at four public high schools in February 2013. Volunteers needed to greet people coming in and keep line order to receive help.
- Shifts of 11am-1pm;1-4pm; & 4-7pm
- February 4th - McCutcheon
- February 11th - Jefferson
- February 12th - West Lafayette
- February 28th - Harrison
For more information or to sign up, contact Cheryl at 742-9078 x 225 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivy Tech Community College
The Lafayette Ivy Tech Dental Assisting Students are holding the 3rd Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 30. The public is welcome to attend to attend this fundraiser for student scholarships and support the Dental Assisting program.
United Way Volunteer Center or visit: