During this season of giving, I hope that you will consider the value of having a state-of-the-art medical center nearby and make a gift to advance healthcare excellence at Virginia Hospital Center.
From oncology to cardiology to women and infant health, support from patients and their families, physicians, businesses, foundations and many other members of our community is transforming Virginia Hospital Center. Together, their contributions have raised substantial and much-need resources to invest in new technologies, upgrades, and benefits to the community.
Since reopening in 2007, Virginia Hospital Center Foundation has raised nearly $15 million, which has been directed to a wide range of Hospital needs, including:
- Support for the expansion of radiation oncology (2013), with $3.4 million of the $6.5 million project budget raised to date.
- The Louise Sands Olmstead Cardiac Catheterization Labs, with philanthropy supporting the build-out and equipment for the newest cath lab.
- The Reinsch Pierce Family Center for Breast Health, supporting breast health services.
- Expansion of Mother Baby Unit rooms and specialized nursery equipment
- The Friends of Nursing endowment providing scholarships, awards and advanced certification funding for nurses
- The creation of a new parallel program, Friends of Healthcare Professionals, to support the education and advancement of allied health professionals
- The complete renovation of the John T. Hazel, MD Conference Center
- Support for Arlington Pediatric Center, the Hospital's medical home for medically-underserved children living in Arlington, Virginia
- Support for care of the uninsured and patients of the Arlington Free Clinic
As our healthcare system continues to evolve, Virginia Hospital Center remains committed to its core values: providing access to advanced medical technology and treatments, compassionate, individualized care, and a world-class facility. Your support is an integral part of our ability to achieve this mission.
Please click here to make your gift on-line or call the Foundation at 703.717.4438. Thank you for your support during the season of giving.