NEW Indiana Out-of-School Time Data Report Released in Conjunction with the 15th Annual Lights On Afterschool TODAY!
Every child in Indiana deserves a great education, regardless of background, income or ZIP code. Schools can't do it alone. Youth spend only 20% of their waking hours in school. How they invest the other 80% transforms their lives, especially for youth living in under-resourced communities.

Data Report "The Power of Afterschool in Indiana"
This 12-page report compiles the most current data on out-of-school time offerings in Indiana and the need and impact of these programs. Funded through the Network Data Grant from the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) and the C.S. Mott Foundation, the goal of this grant initiative is to help statewide networks collect relevant out-of-school time (OST) data and effectively share the data with state legislators and legislative staff, as well as other key state policymakers.  The report is being distributed this week to ALL Indiana state and national legislators, including YOURS!

Afterschool Programs Keep Kids Safe, Engage Kids in Learning and Help Working Families
The Indiana Afterschool Network challenges the State of Indiana to be committed to investing in the health and safety of all young people by providing expanded learning opportunities that will help close the achievement gap and prepare young people to compete in the global economy. Quality afterschool programs build stronger communities by promoting positive relationships among youth, families and adults.

What YOU can do as an ADVOCATE:
  • Contact your legislator about the Power of Afterschool in your community! For tips visit the Afterschool Alliance.
  • Go to or host your own Lights On event! To find an event near you, click HERE, and click on "Find An Event."
  • Let IAN know who you reached out to and what feedback you received! Email Sara Beanblossom with your story.
About Lights On Afterschool:

Launched in October 2000 by the Afterschool Alliance, Lights On Afterschool is the only nationwide event celebrating afterschool programs and their important role in the lives of children, families and communities.   


Over 60 events are planned this month in Indiana, which will send a powerful message that millions more kids need quality afterschool programs.  


America After 3PM Report

"The Power of Afterschool in Indiana" report follows the release last week of America After 3PM data, showing a vast unmet demand for afterschool programs nationwide. Visit the Afterschool Alliance's America After 3PM data website for more details, including an interactive dashboard with Indiana data.    


Indiana Afterschool Network

Vision: Indiana is a place where all K-12 youth have  access to high quality learning opportunities beyond the school day that  prepare them for success in school, college, careers, and life.

Mission: We are a nonprofit organization that champions afterschool and summer  learning by inspiring, empowering and connecting youth workers, partners  and advocates at the state and local levels.

445 N Pennsylvania St.  
Suite 945  
Indianapolis, IN 46204
(317) 822-8211
Follow us on Twitter