File Your OBJECTION.
to go to our website to get more information on how to file your objection electronically or by mail.
It is critical that as many objections as possible are sent to the Iowa Utilities Board.
RICL stated at the Informational meetings:
"We think we will get 90% of the proposed route property by voluntary easements". It is up to us to make sure that does not happen. Contact the Alliance if you need help filling out your objection electronically or by mail.
Informational meetings for the remaining 10 counties have not been scheduled yet. The Iowa Utilities Board has stated that these will most likely happen in late November or early December. Continue to check our website for updated information on these meetings and what expect.
The informational meetings that were held followed the same format.
- Jim Sundermeyer from the Iowa Utilities Board presented information regarding the franchise process and landowners rights. The document with the exact information is can be found on the Legal page of our website. Click here to get that document.
- Several individuals from Rock Island Clean Line presented information regarding the project. This included Hans Detweiler, project development director, construction manager; routing manager; and the electrical engineer.
- Contract land staff reviewed an example of financial compensation for an 1/2 mile voluntary easement with 2 monopoles. (Approximately $82,000)
- Question and answer period followed the presentation. Questions included multiple topics such as the health impact, livestock concerns, use of GPS, financial stability of RICL, eminent domain, alternative routes, attendance at public meetings, yearly payments, construction process and objection process.
- For more details from the informational meetings including questions that were asked and responses keep checking our website for an new informational document.
Board of Director members and Alliance supporters will be at the remaining Informational Meetings across the state.
Board members and Alliance supporters attended the first 6 Informational meetings and are committed to attending the remaining 10 county meetings. Look for more information and suggested questions to ask of RICL and Iowa Utilities Board in upcoming newsletters and on the website.