Dates to Remember
Grade 3 Parent Evening
HS Arts Festival
Grade 5 Pentathlon
Grade 6 Play
Grade 9 Parent Evening
Grade 2 Beach Day
Grade 7 Parent Evening
Early Childhood Open House
WSOC vs Arroyo Pacific (3 pm)
Grade 2 Parent Morning
Grade 1 Play (4 pm)
Fully accredited by the Schools Commission of Western Association of Schools and Colleges
|College of Teachers|
Robin Theiss (Chair)
|Board of Trustees |
Gabe Frisby (Chair)
Jamie Stahl, BOT Rep
Trae Diede, Community Building
Brooke Tomblin, Outreach
GOLF & BBQ/AFTER PARTY TICKETS ON SALE
Friday, May 17
Golf All Day
or Come for the BBQ & After Party
A LADIES TEAM (or maybe even 2) BEING FORMED. Contact Denise Ogawa in the office if interesed.
- The perfect occasion to invite outside guests. To golf or for the after party.
- Golfers dine on yummy Habit Burger for lunch.
- Dinner is Arroyo's famous BBQ buffet, of course with delicious options for vegetarians, and the option to go Vegan & Gluten-Free
- Dancing under the stars 'til 10PM
- After party will be set in a fun outdoor lounge space produced by, yes you guessed it...Isis Design (the same team who produced the Gala). So if you missed the Gala and heard rave reviews, now is your chance.
- Still accepting event sponsors, golf challenge sponsors, tee-box sponsors, advertisers and auction items. Click here for auction item form.
EXCITING NEWS: The hole-in-one challenge is sponsored by our friends at Ken Grody Ford (Buena Park & Carlsbad). The prize is a fully-loaded FORD FLEX LE. All you have to do is make the shot!
More exciting news. New auction items have been added. Great shopping happening now. Invite your friends to shop and support our school. www.bidpal.net/waldorf
. Preview live auction items. Shopping tip: Many of the silent auction items will close BEFORE the event (meaning you can win something without being there). This silent auction is a participation sport. We will know which ones to close pre-event based on your on-line interest. Once it gets closer, you will be informed what items are closing pre-event.
- Would like to invite an outside guest. We can email them an invitation or provide you with an event brochure.
- Are booking for a large party and would rather not do it on the website. We can help you.
- Are interested in a sponsorship or advertising. We have ways for you to support the school from $25 - $10,000. We'll help you find your opportunity.
Thanks to our sponsors and partners...
Event proudly sponsored by
Happening in the High
HS Art Festival
Please join us for the HS Art Festival on Friday, April 26th.
View visual art pieces created by our high school students and
enjoy a performing arts presentation (eurythmy, choir, and chamber orchestra).
Visual Arts Exhibition - 6pm, Meadows Hall (light snacks served)
Performing Arts - 7pm, Eurythmy Hall
HS Soccer League Game Schedule:
4/18 Emerson High vs WSOC at 3:00 pm
Game Site Emerson
4/25 Arroyo Pacific vs WSOC at 3:00 pm
Game Site Emerson High
5/2 WSOC vs Orange Co at 3:00 pm
Game Site Arroyo Pacific
5/9 Emerson High vs WSOC at 4:20 pm
Game Site Emerson
5/16 Arroyo Pacific vs WSOC at 3:00 pm
Game Site HOME GAME!
5/23 Waldorf High vs Orange Co at 3:00 pm
Game Site Arroyo Pacific
Grade 12 Ireland Trip
A fine trip and farewell
LOOKING FOR 23%
If making your donation to the 2012/2013 Annual Giving Campaign has eluded you, then there's an AG Caller or a Board Member trying to reach you. 100% participation from all families is our goal.
Annual Giving Statistics
Current School Wide % Participation: 77%
% of Financial Goal Reached: 86.2%
% Participation by Class (ranked most to least)
Grade 10: 100%
Grade 11: 92%
Grade 2: 91%
Miss Holly's K: 87%
Grade 7: 85%
Grade 4: 85%
Grade 9: 84%
Grade 8: 83%
Grade 3: 81%
Grade 1: 78%
Grade 12: 75%
Grade 5: 76%
Grade 6: 66%
Miss Barbara's K: 58%
Miss Terri's K: 53%
Miss Catherine's K: 38%
Whether your class is nearly there, or needs a little kick, your class and the school needs you. Four classes are VERY close to reaching 100%. For everyone who has already given, many of you seven months ago, THANK YOU!
HOW TO GIVE
#1) www.waldorfschool.com/annual VERY EASY.
#2) Envelope in front office. ALSO VERY EASY.
#3) Send a pledge email stating amount and date of gift to come (prior to July 31, 2013) to firstname.lastname@example.org. WE HAVE TO ADMIT, THAT SOUNDS PRETTY EASY TOO.
May Faire Preparation
- Mark your calendars for May 4, 2013 10 am - 2 pm. School wide celebration requires your child to be present & your participation.
- Flowers needed to beautify our beloved event; commitment is 2 buckets per family. Please bring them on May 2 (at drop off) or May 3 early in the a.m. Establish relationships with flower vendors using this flyer click here!
- White clothing and pastels are signature for this event, does your child have something to wear?
- Cake walkers; do you have a bakery vendor or recipe planned?
- Ticket sales begin April 29 - May 3, invite your family and friends.
NOT ON SALE
Actually, this is fantastic news. In case you had not heard this exciting announcement, for the first time ever a yearbook will be offered to every student currently enrolled (Play Group - Grade 12) FOR FREE. Every teacher will receive one too!
"How has this good fortune occurred?" you ask.
At the Gala, the Maletych family of Ken Grody Ford felt so inspired by the generosity in the room, Mr. Maletych announced Ken Grody would sponsor the yearbook, allowing all your children to receive a memory of this year as a gift!
Yearbooks are normally $25 each. If you would like an extra family copy, please come into the office, complete a form and pay $25. Deadline is May 10.
Paying it forward....some community members are taking the inspiration of a free yearbook and turning it into a donation for WSOC. The $25 they would have paid for the yearbook is now an additional tax-deductible Annual Giving gift or a contribution toward the much-needed Handwork/Woodwork Renovation announced at the Gala. We have received many gifts of this loving nature. If you have never heard about this amazing campus improvement, you missed a newsletter or two and it's okay. Contact Denise Ogawa or Gina Illes in the office.
Thank you for the Yearbooks Ken Grody Ford and for the amazing support of our school.
An overwhelming thank you to our friends at....
Aftercare & Little Daycare
Aftercare forms are due April 29th, by 4pm
On Thursday April 25 Big Aftercare is going to have a puppet show "Snow White and Rose Red" performed by Waldorf Parent Jzin Teng
Pilot Cup & Upper Grade Soccer Team
Soccer Practice for Grades 5-8
Every Wednesday & Friday 3-4:30 pm
Pack for practice: Don't forget your gear & water
PARENT EDUCATION EVENT
Painting Workshops with Angelika Kolbe
Learn wet-on-wet painting in an engaging format from a true master. In addition to being a Waldorf class teacher for 16 years at the Waldorf School in Marnburg/Germany, Angelika taught drawing and painting to high school students. Trained at the Academy of Fine Arts at the University in Hamburg/Germany, we are lucky to have her with us for this special parent education event. Please take the opportunity to join Angelika for these painting sessions.
The total workshop is 6 sessions. You may sign up for all 6 or pick and choose dates according to your availability.
Dates: April 26, April 29, May1, May 3, May 6, and May10.
Time 8:30 - 10:30 in Big Aftercare
To cover the cost of materials, each session is $10. Cash only please. Sign up in front office. To view more works by Angelika click here!
Join us for
Bach Flower Essences Lecture Friday, April 27
1:00 - 2:30
Learn about this simple yet effective system for naturally relieving stress and balancing emotions. To read more about this lecture and to read the latest Company of Angels Flyer Click here!
Every Wednesday, 9 -11 am
Please join us each Wednesday for a simple craft and a cup of tea. We meet every week outside the Company of Angels (or in the back room of COA on chilly days).
This week we are making NUNO Felted scarves, and last week we made mosaic flower pots. Please inform Rachel Skelly in Company of Angels or Christine Newell (handwork teacher) if you would like your name added to the Craft group email list or for the latest schedule.
Happy Spring from
The Scrip Store!
- Mother's Day is less than four weeks away! There are many options, scrip-wise, that you might consider for that special woman in your life.
- The next individualized scrip family reports (detailing August to April scrip purchases) will be ready for pick up in The Scrip Store on Monday, May 6th.
- April's Opportunity Enter to Win: for each Reload or ScripNOW order, paid with PrestoPay, your family's name will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate to The Scrip Stoe. Last day to qualify: Tuesday, April 30th. Good Luck Everyone!
Sandy Meadows, Scrip Coordinator
School Calendar for 2013/2014
Would your children love to have their very own tree house?
As one of the highlights of our Bliss Gala, a team of 10 talented WSOC Dads offered the donation of their creativity and labor to build a one-of-a-kind tree house in your yard. The item sold during a heated live auction battle to a generous donor. That donor now realizes this is not the right time in their lives for a tree house, but hopes this beautiful item will now find its destined owner. So....the tree house is for sale again to a family who wants to build memories that will last a lifetime. If you're interested, please contact Denise Ogawa in the office and she will put you in touch with how to obtain the future home of your child's dreams.
The photo shown is an example of the type of one-room tree house that could be created, especially for you and your children. The crew will visit your yard to evaluate the location and create a sketch for your approval. If you don't have a tree, they will make you a play house instead. Comes with $1,000 in building materials from Ganahl Lumber & Home Depot.
USED PRINTER CARTRIDGES AND CELL PHONES WANTED!
We are partnering with "Recycle for Life" to be a collection location for used items you may just be tossing or otherwise have no use for. Not only do we get to participate in recycling, but we get to earn funds for the school while doing it.
So the next time you change the ink in your printer or trade in for the latest cell phone, remember we have a place for it. Please bring it to the front office with a smile on your face and know you are doing some good.
Peter Pan Weekend fun!
Come see some of our students perform this weekend.