FRIDAY, March 15 Last Day for
We've got eager families on our waiting list, make sure you secure your spot by re-registering by tomorrow Friday, March 15. Registration fee is $375 per student. Late fee of $100 applies after March 15.
If your account is past due, you will not be eligible to register. Call Gina Garrison with any account or registration questions:
949-574-7775 x222 or email@example.com
- We made WSOC history. Thank you everyone for the incredible support. Whether you attended the event, shopped on-line, encouraged someone else to shop on-line, purchased a raffle ticket, acquired a donation or volunteered...you made a difference.
- A more detailed summary of our community's heartfelt success will be published next week (along with photographs), but we recognize many are on pins and needles awaiting the results,
- So.......drum-roll please....BLISS earned a total of $120,000 for our school (that's net earnings after expenses). That's a record-breaker!
- Over $50,000 of this is a collective-BLISS-attendee donation for the handwork and woodwork renovation project presented at the event. This was a highlight of the event and an AMAZING showing of support. If you were not in attendance, but would like to contribute to this project, please contact Denise Ogawa (949)574-7775, ext. 210. Far be it from us to exclude anyone from a project so near-and-dear to our hearts, simply because you were unable to attend.
- Over 250 people attended BLISS, including a hearty team of volunteers. Another record-breaker!
- More details and party photos to come next week!!!
One more week of sneaking in treats before Spring Break!
The Craft Group
Meets every Wednesday from 8:30-11 am under the gazebo in the Company of Angels garden.
CRAFT GROUP will be doing Ukrainian Egg Dying Next Wednesday, March 20th.
8th Grade Projects
Revised Dates & Schedule
Wednesday, April 10 (7 pm - 9 pm)
Friday, April 12 (7 pm - 9 pm)
Saturday, April 13 (2 pm - 4 pm)
Click here to see revised schedule! of students, scheduled dates/times and topics of study.
8th Grade Play on March 22, 7 pm
'You can't take it with you." You can't miss this performance, mark your calendars!
Find out what these characters reveal on March 22, 2013
Anthroposophical Study Group
An informal study group for parents and friends meets on Monday mornings from 9 am - 10.30 am in the Company of Angels back room. We read Rudolf Steiner and related works.
Currently we have recently begun to read Rudolf Steiner's 'How to Know Higher Worlds' sometimes also titled 'Knowledge of Higher Worlds'. There are various translations of this work so if you have a copy - great - if not you might want to talk to us and decide which translation you would like to have.
All are welcome. Please ask for contact information for Helena Gorka via the front desk for more information.
April Aftercare Forms Due NEXT WEEK!
We have a small window of time this month due to Spring Break; please turn in your forms by March 22, 2013
Big Aftercare click here!
Little Aftercare click here!
Happening In The High
The 11th grade Monologues- "Traffic in the Sky" THIS Saturday, March 16 at 7 pm in the WSOC Eurythmy Hall.
It is recommended for grade 7 and older. Some of the material is NOT appropriate for younger children. Grab a sitter and support the High School, the high school students are selling tickets. They are $10 pre-sale and $12 at the door. Please read the flyer here!
"The high school student council arranged a snow day for the high school last Friday. The high school students and faculty spent the day enjoying the freshly fallen snow at Snow Valley. They enjoyed skiing, snowboarding and sledding."
For Juniors and Seniors:
The Goetheanum, located in DornachSwitzerland, is the world center for the anthroposophical movement and they have put together a conference geared towards Juniors and Seniors in Waldorf schools worldwide.
Here are the details:
April 19-21, 2013 at Rudolf Steiner College Fair Oaks, CA
Click here to read the flyer!
Miss Holly's Morning of Spring Play
Students enrolled in Pre-K through 2nd grade (in some cases 3rd grade) can participate in baking, crafts and stories over Spring Break. Click here to read the flyer!
Spring Fun Camp for Grades 1 - 5
The 11th grade students are offering Spring Fun Camp for students in grades 1 - 5 over Spring Break; for more information Click here!
Grade 3 Plant SALE!
Thursday, March 21 1:15 - 3:15 pm near flagpole!
To read more about what's growing in our gardens click here!
CALLING ALL GOLFERS,
SET UP YOUR FOURSOMES NOW
May 17, 2013
TICKETS ON SALE SOON
We hope you will join us for the 4th Annual WSOC Golf Tournament, "Driving for the Future", once again at the beautiful Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club in Mission Viejo. Accepting golfers of all levels for a great day of fun in support of the school. Also accepting all shoppers and fun-seekers for the after-golf party and auction.
Ask anyone who went last year, it was very fun and relaxed in a beautiful setting. We're hoping to expand the after-golf party element this year, so please plan to be there. This event is heavily attended by friends of WSOC families who golf, so please think about inviting your co-workers, weekend warrior buddies or anyone who wouldn't mind taking a Friday off of work for an excellent cause.
And to all the ladies out there...this is NOT a mens-only event. Could this be the year a ladies foursome brings home the big trophy! Come on ladies, this is the perfect excuse to hit the driving range. Let's go.
Proudly brought to you by