No School February 18-22 forTeacher Conferences:
Waldorf teachers nationwide will be attending regional Waldorf conferences; participating in workshops; and attending lectures by master teachers all designed to energize and inspire. How wonderful that they have this opportunity each year!
You should have received an email to the whole community explaining the need to update your information in our system.
In preparation for registration in March we are asking all parents to sign in to their account and update their contact information. This is important because the information in the parent portal will migrate to all aspects of the school communications (newsletter, class email groups etc.).
1. To access your information simply click on this link:
2. You will be prompted to put in your username and password (if you cannot find/remember these you can email email@example.com).
3. Once you are in the site you click on the "Update Account Information" and you will be directed to a page with all the information we currently have for you. Be sure to update those "person's who are able to be contacted in the case of emergency" (These are people who may pick-up your child in the case of an emergency or natural disaster. This written confirmation is the only accepted release form (phone approval is not accepted) Please make any necessary corrections.
Baba the Storyteller
Will be in Big Aftercare on Friday, February 8 at 3:15pm
for more information read read this flyer here!
To the Boden family on their arrival of a beautiful baby girl
Josephine Lu Mavis Boden
Born 1/19/2013 at 2AM
6 lbs, 8 oz.
Your Ticket to BLISS Awaits
- Please purchase tickets by Feb. 15 (before we leave for February break). You can do this on-line very easily, or in the office with the help of Denise Ogawa.
- Deadline for auction item donations has been extended to Feb. 15. Need help knowing what to donate? Team Bliss has a bit of a wedding registry going. To avoid massive amounts of duplication, please contact Denise Ogawa in the front office or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our event sponsors for making us so happy and successful: Isis Design, ACRA Aerospace, Array Marketing, HCT and The Giving Sak. We are VERY grateful for your support.
And, thanks for the extra love....
A giant "Bliss Kiss" goes out to The Clapp Family
A "Warm Embrace" goes to The Roth Family
Many excellent people who wish they could attend the event, but sadly cannot, have asked what else they can do to support us. Here's what we are telling them:
- Consider purchasing a ticket for a teacher or send some extra love to the school in the form of a Warm Embrace, Bliss Kiss or a Snug Hug. See the website for more info.
- Obtain a donation.
- Space deadline for advertising is Feb. 15. Do you know someone who would benefit from having their message seen by our loyal audience?
- Contact your room rep to learn what your class may already have in the works
Send this link to family and friends, www.bidpal.net/waldorf
. Invite them to shop on-line and support a great cause. You can do this too!
THE FIRST CLASS TO REACH 100%
IN ANNUAL GIVING IS.......
CONGRATULATIONS 10TH GRADE!
What a wonderful and supportive class. Thank you 10th Grade!
School wide we have reached 71%, which means we're waiting for 29%. We need you. The calling campaign has just begun. Please make your gift or pledge to today so we will know you do not need to be called.
2 ways to make a gift
1) Very easy on-line at www.waldorfschool.com/annual.
2) Envelope in the front office. Also really easy.
If you are not ready to make your gift, you can pledge. The simplest way to do this is to email Denise Ogawa, with the amount and timeframe of the gift to come. Gifts must be received before July 31, 2013.
Congratulations to the following classes who are above 70% participation.
--10th Grade: 100%
--4th Grade: 77%
--3rd Grade: 77%
--2nd Grade: 75%
--12th Grade: 75%
--1st Grade: 72%
To see your class' participation to date, click here.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY AND
COMMITMENT TO YOUR CHILDREN
Mornings with Miss Holly
Mon-Fri, February 18-22 (teacher conference break)
For students enrolled in Pre-K - 2nd Grade
For more information read this flyer!
USED PRINTER CARTRIDGES AND CELL PHONES WANTED!
We are partnering with "Recycle for Life" to be a collection location for used items you may just be tossing or otherwise have no use for. Not only do we get to participate in recycling, but we get to earn funds for the school while doing it.
So the next time you change the ink in your printer or trade in for the latest cell phone, remember we have a place for it. Please bring it to the front office with a smile on your face and know you are doing some good.
Carpentry Skills Needed
We are in need of a set of cubbies for student shoes to be put behind the Meadows Hall. This is for the students so they will have a proper place to store their shoes while in eurythmy.
The school will reimburse all material costs we just need the skilled hands to make it!
If you are interested please contact Gina Illes.
CALLING ALL GOLFERS,
May 17, 2013
We hope you will join us for the 4th Annual WSOC Golf Tournament, "Driving for the Future", once again at the beautiful Arroyo Trabuco Golf Club in Mission Viejo. Accepting golfers of all levels for a great day of fun in support of the school. Also accepting all shoppers and fun-seekers for the after-golf party and auction.
Ask anyone who went last year, it was very fun and relaxed in a beautiful setting. We're hoping to expand the after-golf party element this year, so please plan to be there. This event is heavily attended by friends of WSOC families who golf, so please think about inviting your co-workers, weekend warrior buddies or anyone who wouldn't mind taking a Friday off of work for an excellent cause.
And to all the ladies out there...this is NOT a mens-only event. Could this be the year a ladies foursome brings home the big trophy! Come on ladies, this is the perfect excuse to hit the driving range. Let's go.