Pacific Life Foundation Grant
WSOC was among good company as a proud and worthy recipient of a Pacific Life Foundation Grant. At a ceremony held January 24, 2013, WSOC Board of Trustees members Gabe Frisby and Carol Sudbeck accepted the award and $5,000 grant on behalf of the school.
Gabe Frisby with President of Pacific Life Foundation, Robert G. Haskell
Thank you to Carol Sudbeck and Gabe Frisby for representing us
Catalina Island Conservancy Welcomes Waldorf School of Orange County
11th grade high school students offer their services in a week of volunteering with the Native Plant Nursery and with invasive plant removal.
WSOC High School
Your Ticket to BLISS Awaits
- This is our annual gala fundraiser
- March 9, 5PM at the Harborside Grand Ballroom in Balboa
- It's a wonderful opportunity to get dressed up, have an evening out with awesome company and support the school you love. A winner all the way around!
- Join the 90+ people who have already purchased their tickets! Thanks guys.
Many excellent people who wish they could attend the event, but sadly cannot, have asked what else they can do to support us. Here's what we are telling them:
- Consider purchasing a ticket for a teacher or send some extra love to the school in the form of a Warm Embrace, Bliss Kiss or a Snug Hug. See the website for more info.
- Obtain a donation. Actually EVERY family is highly encouraged to do this and many have worked very hard to bring us beautiful items. Thank you! The due date is tomorrow (Feb. 1). If you need help or more time, contact Denise Ogawa in the front office or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have access to someone who would enjoy getting their message to our loyal audience, ask them to place an ad in the event program. Space deadline is Feb. 15.
- Contact your room rep to learn what your class may already have in the works
Besides turning in your auction item, there's one more thing everyone can do today.
Log on to www.bidpal.net/waldorf and register as an on-line shopper. (If you already bought your ticket, just log on, you are already registered).
- The auction items currently being offered are just a sampling of what's available. Much more to come.
- Place a watch or a bid on an item. (This will also teach you how to use our new bidding system.)
- AND send the link on to a friend or family member who would like to support the school through their shopping. They get something beautiful and the money goes to a great cause. Try it!
School Request Granted
Thank you to the Norgaard Family for finding a dryer for our Kindergarten.
HIGH SCHOOL BOYS BASKETBALL
Jan 31, 2013
4:15 Maywood Christian vs Waldorf Game Site: HOME GAME!!!
Feb 7, 2013
3:15 Orange Co vs Waldorf Game Site: ACA
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL SCHEDULE:
Feb 5, 2013
3:15 Orange Co vs Waldorf #1 Game Site: Maywood
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT
Wildcat Spirit Wear for toddler to adult (cash or check accepted at event & front desk).
ANNUAL GIVING CAMPAIGN LOOKING FOR 31%
School wide we have reached 69% participation, which is strong. To the 31% who are waiting, WE NEED YOU. Make your gift or pledge today to avoid being on the calling list.
If you are not ready to make your gift, you can pledge. The simplest way to do this is to email Denise Ogawa, with the amount and timeframe of the gift to come. Gifts must be received before July 31, 2013.
To see how your child(ren)'s classes are doing on participation see the updated chart.
Congratulations to the following classes who are above 70% participation. Who will be the first to 100%?
--8thGrade: 83% participation
--10th Grade: 82% participation
--12th Grade: 75% participation
--2nd Grade: 75% participation
--3rd Grade: 74% participation
--4th Grade: 71% participation
Visit www.waldorfschool.com/annual to make a one-time gift or pledge over time. Or come into the office for an envelope, in which you can make a one-time gift now or pledge a one-time gift to be given prior to the end of the school year.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GENEROSITY AND
COMMITMENT TO YOUR CHILDREN
USED PRINTER CARTRIDGES AND CELL PHONES WANTED!
We are partnering with "Recycle for Life" to be a collection location for used items you may just be tossing or otherwise have no use for. Not only do we get to participate in recycling, but we get to earn funds for the school while doing it.
So the next time you change the ink in your printer or trade in for the latest cell phone, remember we have a place for it. Please bring it to the front office with a smile on your face and know you are doing some good.