Last Call for 2013 Add-A-Friend
Bridgit Mendler Ticket Giveaway
Is your troop or service unit holding a super fun activity this month? It's not too late to get a new Girl Scout signed up to participate! Here's the bonus: if a current Girl Scout adds a friend for the 2013 Girl Scout year by August 15, she and her friend will be entered into a drawing for tickets to see singer Bridgit Mendler at the Kansas State Fair on September 7. Click here for details.
Thank you for helping more Kansas girls find opportunities to participate in Girl Scouting!
Online Membership Registration
Updated to serve you better
Beginning this week, when you log onto the online membership registration site, you will notice a few changes. This site is used to pay national membership dues for girl and adult members, and to register for adult learning opportunities. Based on your suggestions for improvement, GSUSA has updated the site to include one login per family (instead of per person), and improved search capability and usability.
Because of the upgrades, all adults will be required to create a new online account. You can reuse your old user name and password when creating your new online account if you choose.
With your new online account, you will be able to manage yourself, your family and/or troop(s) depending on your current participation status. For example, an approved 01 troop leader who has a daughter participating in Girl Scouts will be able to manage both her family and troop(s) with a single login.
Troop Leaders (01s), remember to get your troop re-registrations submitted so that you can manage your troop's online account for both 2013 and 2014! If, on October 1, you do not have a current year membership registration and current volunteer application (within the last 3 years) submitted, you will not have access to manage the troop until those are completed, and you have been reappointed as an 01 for 2014.
Troop Checking Accounts
Accounts in good standing
Are you a troop leader, treasurer, or a signer on a troop checking account? Ensure that your account is in good standing by making sure you can answer YES to each question on the list below!
- Has your Troop Finance Summary been submitted? (Reminders have been sent to troops and service units who missed the June 30 deadline. Contact your regional office for assistance.)
- Do you have (at least) two volunteer signers with current volunteer applications and background checks? (Applications and background checks expire after 3 years. Reminders have been sent to volunteers with expiring applications and background checks. Contact your regional office for assistance.)
- Have both volunteer signers completed your 2014 Girl Scout registration yet? The new year begins on October 1!
- Are the troop signers carefully tracking troop income and expenses, following the guidelines in Volunteer Essentials Chapter 5: Managing Group Finances?
Thank you for helping girls earn and manage money as part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience!
Thinking about camping as a troop or a SU day camp?
GSKH Outdoor Leadership courses are required before facilitating outdoor activities with girls.
- The home-study Outdoor Leadership Basics 100 can be completed on your own time, and prepares volunteers to take troops or groups out for the day to hike, have a picnic, and get a taste of outdoor fun (without fire-building or outdoor cooking).
- By completing Outdoor Leadership 101, volunteers will be qualified to plan and have backyard camp-outs, host and attend day camps, and have a camping adventure within their own community or stay at any Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland Camp property (with the exception of semi-primitive camp sites). Volunteers will also be able to lead cookouts and have campfires.
- Outdoor Leadership 201 provides additional skills necessary required for any overnight camping (tents, A-frames, rustic cabins, etc.) outside your community and semi-primitive camping.
Upcoming For Volunteers
First Aid & CPR
V + SA
V + CSA
Hays - Sept 21
Wichita - Sept 28
Salina - Nov 9
Parsons - Nov 15-16
Garden City - Nov 16