Saturday, August 24
3 to 7 p.m.
The AOTB Property Owners Association is throwing a great community picnic on the Magnolia Avenue beach Saturday, August 24, from 3 to 7 p.m.
- A DJ with a high-end sound system will preside over dance contests for all ages (with great prizes).
- The largest water slide (21 ft. high) in the county will cool off adventurers of all ages.
- A Moon Bounce will warm up the kids.
- Food and drink will be in abundance.
The DJ will have music for every age group with a kickin' sound system. His mixing and scratching skills will have everyone up and dancing. There will be dance contests for every age group with
AOTB will provide a keg of beer and will have the beach grills all fired up. Main course folks (see below) are encouraged to bring hamburgers with buns for 10 people. Covered dish main courses are also welcome.What to Bring:
Every family is asked to bring a dish to be shared based on the first letter of their last name.
- A through F should bring hors d'oeuvres
- G through M should bring a main course
- N through S should bring dessert
- T through Z should bring bottled water, soda and other non-alcoholic drinks
Each family will be charged $10 for ice, glasses, plates, condiments etc. as well as to offset the cost of the DJ, Moon Bounce, tents and Water Slide at the event. The association needs to make these events come close to breaking even to ensure we can keep doing them in the future.
We will provide a porta potty, tables and some chairs, but you are encouraged to bring your own folding chairs.
We will have some tents for shade and protection from showers.
There is no rain day planned. The party goes on rain or shine. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
or 301-904-3690 by August 23
so we may plan accurately for the size crowd to expect.
Most importantly, if you can donate an hour to help during the party or are a party person and would like to help plan games with real prizes for the winning teams, contact Marc Apter, Social Committee Chair, 301-904-3690 or email@example.com