Thanks to all the hardworking volunteers in the Southern Pacific LMSC for hosting a productive and fun annual meeting, and special thanks to the Long Beach Grunions for staffing the hospitality suite.
Many thanks for all that you do,
Your Friends at U.S. Masters Swimming
|USAS Convention 2013|
The 2013 United States Aquatic Sports Convention was held at the Hyatt Regency - Orange County, Garden Grove, Calif., September 11-15. We have compiled a list of current and newly elected officers and committee chairs as determined during the convention. More information, including awards and honors, can be found in the Convention press release.
- President - Nadine Day
- V.P. of Administration - Ed Tsuzuki
- V.P. of Community Services - Jody Smith
- V.P. of Local Operations - Chris Stevenson
- V.P. of Programs - Chris McGiffin
- Secretary - Chris Colburn
- Treasurer - Phil Dodson
- Past President - Jeff Moxie
- Legal Counsel - Patty Miller
- Jim Clemmons - Oceana Zone
- Phil Dodson - CJ Rushman
- Maria Elias-Williams - Dixie Zone
- David Diehl - Colonies Zone
- Jill Gellatly - South Central Zone
- Hugh Moore - Northwest Zone
- Bruce Hopson - Breadbasket Zone
- Phillip Whitten - Southwest Zone
Committee and Zone Chairs
- Elyce Dilworth - Audit Chair
- Sarah Welch - Comp & Benefits Chair
- Jeanne Ensign - Finance Chair
- Hugh Moore - Governance Chair
- Ralph Davis - Investment Chair
- Brandon Franklin - Swimming Saves Lives Chair
- Jeff Roddin - Championship Chair
- Scott Bay - Coaches Chair
- Marcia Anziano - Fitness Education Chair
- Meegan Wilson - History & Archives Chair
- Meg Smath - Legislation Chair
- Paige Buehler - LMSC Development Chair
- Donn Livoni - Long Distance Chair
- Edward Saltzman - Officials Chair
- Lynn Hazlewood - Open Water Chair
- Ray Novitske - Recognition & Awards Chair
- Jeanne Seidler - Records & Tabulation Chair
- Leo Letendre - Registration Chair
- Kathrine Casey - Rules Chair
- Jane Moore - Sports Medicine & Science Chair
- Lori Payne - Breadbasket Zone Chair
- Jeffrey Strahota - Colonies Zone Chair
- Matt Hooper - Dixie Zone Chair
- Daniel Cox - Great Lakes Zone Chair
- Tim Waud - Northwest Zone Chair
- Michael Moore - Oceana Zone Chair
- Tyler Blessing - South Central Zone Chair
- Mary Hull - Southwest Zone Chair
2015 Pool Championships
- Nationwide USMS Spring Nationals (SCY): San Antonio, Texas; Apr. 23 to 26, 2015
- Marriott USMS Summer Nationals (LCM): Spire Institute, Cleveland, Ohio; Aug. 6 to 9, 2015
2015 Open Water and Long Distance National Championships
- 1-Mile: Tri-Valley Masters, Livermore, Calif., June 14, 2015
- 1-3-Mile: Green Leaf Racing, Lake George, N.Y., Aug. 29, 2015
- 3-6 Mile: Chicago Masters, Chicago, Ill., Sept. 12, 2015
- 6+ Mile: Tri-Valley Masters, Livermore, Calif., June 13, 2015
- 9+ Mile: NASTI, Noblesville, Ind., June 20, 2015
- 2-Mile Cable: COMA, Foster Lake, Oreg., June 27, 2015
- Speedo 1-Hour Postal: Chicago Smelts, Jan. 1 to 31, 2015
- Speedo 5K/10K Postal: COMA, May 15, 2015 to Sept. 15, 2015
- Speedo 3000/6000 Postal: Davis Aquatics Masters, Sept. 15, 2015 to Nov. 15, 2015
|Emergency Rule Changes|
There were several Rule Book changes that took effect September 25. Changes include new interpretations in breaststroke, butterfly, and backstroke, as well as changes in the swimwear section, and an explanation of the status of unattached swimmers within USMS. See the first item under the heading "Important Updates" on the Rule Book page.
LCM Top 10 Submissions Due
The deadline for LCM Top 10 tabulations (both individual and relay swims) are due to Mary Beth Windrath, National Swims Administrator, by October 31. Late submissions will not be accepted. Instructions can be found in the USMS Records and Tabulation Document, located in the Guide to Operations.
Club Registration Now Open
All club contacts will be receiving an email in the next week or two with an online renewal link. It's important to have your club registered before November 1 because on that date, individual members can begin registering or renewing with USMS for the 2014 membership year. If your club is not registered, it will not appear in the pull-down lists and your members will not be able to register with you.
Member Registration Opens November 1: Early Registration Discounts
USMS is again offering sponsor discounts for those members who register between November 1 and December 31. Members registering during this period will receive coupon codes via email from our sponsors.
|Reminder: Submit Your Expense Reports!|
Don't forget to submit your expense reports to Susan Kuhlman within 30 days of the conclusion of Convention if you'd like to be reimbursed for qualified Convention expenses. Please download an expense report form (in PDF or Word formats) from the LMSC Management section of the Guide to Operations page. Requests for reimbursement must include all receipts and a description of goods or services.
Did you miss a meeting? Couldn't attend the convention? We have you covered. All meeting minutes are posted on the
USMS Convention page.
|USMS History and Archives Needs Your Help!|
The History and Archives Committee is looking for missing Long Distance and Open Water Championship results from 1974 to 1991. A list of the results in question can be downloaded at usms.org. If you have any of these results, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Planning your club's or LMSC's end-of-year banquet or holiday party? Remember, Marriott offers USMS members and groups discounts when booking a function at one of their facilities. Visit their USMS discount portal for more information or to book your event. |
|About STREAMLINES for Volunteers|
U.S. Masters Swimming encourages all USMS volunteers to subscribe to STREAMLINES for Volunteers, however if you would rather not receive this update, please do not click the unsubscribe button, as that will remove you from all other USMS National Office mailings. Rather, please click on the "Update Profile/Email Address" link at the bottom of this email. Here you can select to discontinue your STREAMLINES for Volunteers service or sign up for the monthly coaches' newsletter, STREAMLINES for Coaches, and/or the monthly member newsletter STREAMLINES.
|About U.S. Masters Swimming|
|U.S. Masters Swimming, founded in 1970, is a membership-operated national governing body that promotes health, wellness, fitness, and competition for adults through swimming. It does so by partnering with more than 1,500 adult swim programs across the country; promoting information via the bimonthly member magazine, SWIMMER, monthly e-newsletter, STREAMLINES, and website, usms.org; and by sanctioning and promoting pool, open water, and virtual events and competitions. More than 55,000 adults are registered members of USMS.