The DC Association of REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) has endorsed Republican Patrick Mara in the April 23 Special Election for At-Large Member of the DC Council. Mr. Mara is competing against six other candidates to fill the seat vacated by Phil Mendelson, who was elected to Council Chair in November 2012.
Elections affect your communities and businesses. DCAR's Political Action Committee works to review and potentially endorse District candidates best suited to support REALTOR® interests with our resources.
This year's DCAR RPAC Trustees reviewed candidates' questionnaires, conducted face-to-face interviews, and discussed issues such as real estate taxes, the District budget, economic development, education, and ethics reform. After careful deliberation, Patrick Mara (R) was selected as the DCAR RPAC-endorsed candidate in the April 23 Special Election.
Patrick Mara has pledged to continue working with DCAR to further the interests of the entire real estate industry. Here are some REALTOR® Party specifics to know before heading to the polls:
Patrick Mara for At-Large Councilmember
* Will fight to lower tax burdens on homeowners and be open to rolling recordation and transfer taxes to increase homeownership opportunities
* Advocates fiscal responsibility and increased oversight of District government spending
* Supports lowering regulatory burdens to make the District more attractive
* As a School Board Member championed the District's entire education system
* Dedicated to Council ethics reform and accountability for elected officials