SDN Announces Call for Entries
Two grand prize winners to receive $4,000 and expense-paid trip to document work of leading global health NGO
Since SocialDocumentary.net launched in 2008, our tagline has been "Using the power of photography to promote global awareness." We are now making this the theme of our next call for entries.
Two Grand Prize winners will be each awarded a $4,000 fellowship to spend up to two weeks documenting the global health projects of Management Sciences for Health (MSH), www.msh.org. An additional monetary award and two honorable mentions will be specifically honored by SDN.
SDN is especially excited to announce that all winner's work will be featured in an exhibition at powerHouse Arena, Brooklyn, NY, February 27 to March 23, 2014.
Deadline for entries: September 28, 2013
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of industry professionals.
- Shahidal Alam, Founder, Drik Photo Agency, Bangladesh
- Barbara Ayotte, Director of Strategic Communications, Management Sciences for Health, Cambridge
- Dimitri Beck, Editor-in-Chief, Polka Magazine, Paris
- Manoocher Deghati, AP Middle East Regional Photo Editor, Cairo
- Jennifer Pritheeva Samuel, Director, Anastasia Photo, New York
- Glenn Ruga, Founder and Director, SocialDocumentary.net, Boston
- Two Grand Prizes: MSH Photography Fellowship: Two winners will each receive a Photography Fellowship with Management Sciences for Health (MSH). $4,000 honorarium and up to two weeks of expense-paid travel in one to two of the countries in which MSH works. Travel will occur between December 2013 and June 2014. (See below for further details on the MSH Photography Fellowship)
- SDN Documentary Prize: $1,000 cash award
- 2-3 Honorable Mentions
All winning entries will participate in an exhibition at powerHouse Arena, Brooklyn, NY, February 27 thru March 23, 2014. There will also be a web-based component to the exhibition. SDN and MSH will pay all printing and preparation costs for the exhibition.
>>Click here for more information and application instructions.