Due to high demand, this month at Frisco Automotive we are continuing our "Stay Cool Special" by offering our FREE Vehicle AC Inspection once again. See details in the coupon offer below.
If your air conditioner isn't blowing as cool as it used to, or if it takes longer than usual to cool off your car, you may need to have your cooling system serviced.
Here's what to look for if your car's cooling system needs to be serviced:
* Steam coming from the engine compartment when you park your car.
* Sweet smell coming from your engine.
* Temperature gauge reading higher than usual.
* Gurgling sound when engine is turned off.
* Fluid dripping from under car.
* Discolored areas and leaking seams on plastic radiator tank
The ASE Certified Air Conditioning Technicians at Frisco Automotive have the tools and training to service all components of your air cooling system.
Whether it's a recharge of Freon or refrigerant, proper coolant levels are checked along with performance of components such as the engine fan, thermostat, radiator, water pump, engine coolant passages, heater core, belts and hoses. System pressure is tested and inspected to identify any external leaks. We have a system in place to delay premature wear and identify areas that need attention.
Remember, it's about the journey, so enjoy the road and stay cool.
Charles Haley, Owner
"There is no right way to do a wrong thing"
Frisco Automotive & Transmission
We are also a AAA Approved Auto Repair center. That means, not only do we meet and maintain AAA high professional standards, but our
AAA customers also receive 10% off on parts and labor, up to a maximum of $50.
Give Jason or Warren a call today. They are always happy to help!
5 Safety Tips to Prevent Children
from Hot Car Deaths
While it may seem hard to believe that a parent or caregiver can forget their baby in the back seat of a vehicle, there have been 18 such death-related cases in the US this year alone. Leaving many parents asking, "How can this happen?"
Facts show that most accidental hot car deaths involve a change in routine, such as a parent who does not normally drop off their baby, but for some reason is given the task that day. That, combined with the facts that babies fall asleep in cars and often don't make any sounds, as well as rear facing car seats that are not easily in-view from a rear view mirror.
In today's cars, you hear an alert if a driver or passenger is not wearing a seat belt or if the key is left in the ignition. But until a safety device is created to protect children, there are some basic things that you can do as a reminder that your precious cargo is on-board.
* Keep a large stuffed animal in the child's car seat when it's not occupied. When the child is placed in the seat, put the stuffed animal in the front passenger seat. It's a visual reminder that anytime the stuffed animal is up front, you have a child in the back seat or safety seat.
* Leave your cellphone, shoe, purse, or anything you need every day, in the back seat next to your child's car seat. This way, if you forget your child, it will act as a reminder when you go to retrieve it.
* Call the person who was responsible for dropping off your child at day care or at the babysitter's house. Ask them via phone or even by text if they dropped off the baby or have a plan with your babysitter or day care that if they do not see your child by a certain time each day that the babysitter or day care will call you.
* Use drive-thru services (restaurants, banks, pharmacies, dry cleaners, etc.), when available, as well as your debit or credit card to pay for gas at the pump.
* To prevent children from getting trapped inside a hot car, make sure to always lock the car doors.
The extreme Texas summer heat is considered dangerous so it is never Ok to leave a child alone in a car, even for a few minutes, or with the car on and window's open.
Got a Minute for your Tires?
How to perform a one-minute tire inspection
You can often catch tire problems early with a quick visual inspection before they become more costly or dangerous.
Here's what to look for:
* Uneven or excessive tread wear. This may indicate improper inflation. If inflation pressure is correct, a tire balancing or alignment issue may be indicated. Steering or suspension issues can also effect tread wear.
* Cracking or bulging treads or sidewalls
* Foreign objects puncturing the tire (nails, screws, glass)
* Tread separation from the body of the tire
We suggest a visual tire inspection about once a month, along with a tire inflation check. Frisco Automotive would be happy to check the condition of your tires. We know just what to look for to keep you on the road!
Call us or come in today. (972) 335-9823
|About Frisco Automotive & Transmission
Frisco Automotive & Transmission is a family owned and operated business, servicing the Frisco and surrounding areas for more than 17 years. Our technicians are experts who go through rigorous training and continued education in order to stay on top of the technological advances of the automotive industry.
Our reputation for reliable service, expert diagnostics, and on-time delivery of your vehicle is unsurpassed.
The most important tool in our technician's toolbox is an extensive education in the automotive industry.
Call us today for any of these services that we offer:
● Routine Maintenance ● Brakes
● 30-60-90k Services ● Alignment
● Minor & Major Repairs ● Steering
● Diagnostic & Electric Repairs ● Suspension
● Emission Repairs ● Tire Balancing
● Air Conditioning ● Inspections
● Engine Repair ● Classic Car Repair
● Transmission Repair ● 4 Wheel Drive Repair
● Transmission Rebuilding
We are licensed and insured for your protection, as well as proud members of the Better Business Bureau with an A+ Rating!
Call us today to find out about any one of our services.
Our mission is to maintain the life of your vehicles. We have been maintaining & servicing automobiles in the Frisco area since 1997.
For a Map to our Location & Directions Click Here
|We invite you to join our Facebook page.|
Visit our page to see the latest specials and promotions and tell us about your road trip
Become a fan today by going to our Facebook page and clicking the 'Like" button.
Frisco Star Enterprise announced its 2013 Reader's Choice Awards & FRISCO AUTOMOTIVE is the proud winner for:
This is an honor Frisco Automotive has held for
Owner, Charles Haley announced, "We would like to thank our customers for their continued support, votes and blessings. We just couldn't do it without you & we are so proud to be the 2013 winners!"
Frisco Automotive is also the proud recipient of
2013 Frisco Chamber of Commerce's,
"Small Business of the Year" award.
Hours & Add'l Services:
Monday - Friday:
7:30 am - 6:00 pm
Saturdays & Sundays
Early-Bird & Night-Owl Drop-Box