It's Spring Break time again and many of us opt to pack the family in the car and head to destinations that are one gas-tank trip away. Whether you decide to vacation locally or drive cross country, the following tips will help you reach your destination safely and even help you save some money along the way.
* Check all major fluids. This includes engine oil, power-steering fluid, brake and transmission fluid.
* Check engine belts and hoses. They become cracked, brittle, frayed, or loose.
* Check tires for air pressure and tread condition. Proper air pressure helps optimize fuel economy and reduces tire wear. While poor tread condition and other problems, such as bald spots or uneven wear, can potentially cause tire problems on a long trip.
* Windshield washer fluid Ready yourself for those Spring rains by topping off your solvent antifreeze/coolant container.
* Replace windshield wiper blades if they've been chattering, smearing or streaking.
* Check your lights, including headlamps, turn signals, tail and brake lamps. Have someone stand near the front and rear of the car as you activate the various lights.
If you don't feel comfortable performing some or all of the checklist items, come into Frisco Automotive and Transmission. And to help you get started, we are offering this month a FREE Road Trip Check up! We'll ensure that your vehicle is in proper condition for your family's Spring Break trip! So call us or come in today!