As you know, the Colorado Medical Society is changing the format of the Annual Meeting from three days to two, and this requires streamlining the business portions of the meeting. The 2013 Annual Meeting will be held Sept. 20-22 at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort.
Please note the following timeline and informational items:
- All resolutions must be submitted 40 days prior to the meeting of the House of Delegates. This year that date is Aug. 11, 2013. All resolutions will be posted on the CMS website for review.
- Each component society will be asked to nominate one member to serve on the reference committee. The reference committee will hold its first meeting in person or by phone on Aug. 14, 2013, (note the revised date) to review submitted resolutions. They will combine similar resolutions and initiate background information searches if needed, but will not make recommendations to the HOD until after Sept. 16, 2013. All members, delegates and components are strongly urged to use our website to give the committee input in writing during the period from Aug. 13 to Sept. 16.
- The reference committee will hold its second meeting on Sept. 16, 2013, to prepare the reference committee report.
- The reference committee report will be posted on the CMS website for review and will also be distributed to delegates upon arrival Friday evening or Saturday morning.
- CMS will open the HOD on Saturday morning, Sept. 21, 2013, at 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday's activities will conclude at 12 p.m.
Click here to make your hotel reservations under our group rate of $149/night for a standard room. The rate is available through Sept. 4, 2013, or until all rooms are reserved, whichever comes first. Meeting registration will be available soon.
The theme of this year's meeting is "Mardi Gras," so we're sure to have a great time. Make your plans to join us in Vail in September. Laissez le bon temps rouler!
Robert Yakely, MD
Brigitta Robinson, MD
The Sounding Block is a periodic electronic publication from the CMS Speaker and Vice-Speaker of the House to members of the House of Delegates to keep you informed of the society's business and concerns throughout the year.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2013, Colorado Medical Society