Golden Hill Phase II
Guided by time-traveling Lt. Dash McCloud, Fantasy of Flight guests enter the just-opened second Golden Hill storage facility.
Second Facility Opened to Guests
Long anticipated and much celebrated, Golden Hill flung open the doors of another storage facility in December, revealing a "gold mine" of artifacts--treasured aircraft and components that, until now, were off-limits to Fantasy of Flight guests. Phase I, the recently built storage building, opened last summer and proved so popular with guests that the older building was spruced up and made guest-friendly in response to demand. Confused? Don't be! But do come by to see all the "new" nuggets of aviation history that await restoration--many with all-original components and every one a legend.
Among the residents of Phase II:
- Awesome Amphibians: PBY Catalina and Grumman Duck
- Carrier-based Conquerors: Fairey Swordfish and Grumman Hellcat
- Early jets: Gloster Meteor and DeHavilland Vampire
- Heroes of the Soviet: TU-2, Lavochkin La-11, and Antonov An-2
- War Changers: Mitsubishi Zero and Lockheed P-38 Lightning
- Plus so much more... including the legendary CalTech Wind Tunnel
Golden Hill Phase II treasures include Swordfish, Zero, and much more.
Retired USAF Lt. Col. Joseph R. Waterman (92) visits an old friend, the P-38 Lightning, at Golden Hill Phase II
Mark Your Calendars
Boy Scout Camporee
American Heritage Merit Badge: February 22 to 24
Everything you ever wanted to know about Fantasy of Flight's fantastic Scouting Camporee and Merit Badge events: Click here!
They Dared to Fly: Tuskegee Airmen -- February 7 to 9
Beyond the Battlefield -- March 8 to 9
The First World War -- April 6